JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Barcelona 70.3 – 17th May 2015

Home Forums Events Barcelona 70.3 – 17th May 2015

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dara
    Keymaster

As there appears to be significant interest in Barcelona 70.3 – taking place on May 17th 2015 – we want to get a better idea of who and how many are interested. This will help make organising hotels, flights, transfers etc easier. Shipmytribike will be running a service for the event, and should have a link on their webpage some time this week. If you are interested please put your name down on the googledocs spreadsheet allocated for this event – see link below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEo8qWRpn1-WEOa6Fk9utce7maGbibNb77JpRiUUbAU/edit#gid=0″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Belinda
    Participant

Hi Dara,
    Has anything been arranged for Barcelona in May?
    Thanks
    Belinda

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Just to add to the mix there are a few of us doing Ironman 70.3 st Poilten which is on the same date 17th May
    Flying in to Vienna on Friday and coming back on Monday

Gmonee
    Participant

I’ve signed up for Barcelona 70.3 anyway belinda. You won’t be on your own anyway as it sounds like there will be a good crew between the Barcelona and St polten groups.
    Anyone else signed up for either of these 70.3’s already?
    Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Kearney
    Participant

I haven’t booked accommodation or flights to Barcelona yet, but would like to get this sorted.

Are people staying in a particular hotel? Feel free to message me if there’s a group mailing list I can join.

Thanks

John

Kev.b
    Participant

Interested in barcelona, just not 100% about work yet, Id have to be flyin back on the Sunday evening, In a fragile state of course 🙂

Belinda
    Participant

We have booked flights, from the 14th to the 19th of May. We have not booked accommodation yet… We are planning to get an apartment/house and we will try to get it sorted this week. There may be 1 or 2 rooms available if anyone is interested.

sz.andi
    Participant

Has anyone else started to organize their trip to Barcelona HIM?
    Belinda and myself have the flights (14th to the 19th of May) and we have booked a nice apartment on airbnb.

Any thoughts on the bike? Do people ship their own bike, or do you guys plan to rent one over there?
    According to this file there is a group of people who showed interest, who has registered since?
    https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xEo8qWRpn1-WEOa6Fk9utce7maGbibNb77JpRiUUbAU/edit#gid=0

ricer
    Participant

I Booked Shipmytribike earlier this week and when I was talking to them, they said there was only a few places left. I also mentioned I was doing the Piranha WWT camp with them, so gave me an extra discount 🙂

Kev.b
    Participant

I’ve signed up for this, plan on using shipmytribike. What flights are people goin for, hope to book one in the next few days. Havnt looked at accommodation but Im up for shared accomadation, keep the costs down 🙂

JP
    Participant

Hi,

I was going over to Barcelona for the fun but change in circumstances means I can’t go.

I’ve Ryanair flights which I think I can transfer if anyone wants (details below) and a share in a flat with Andi, Belinda, Muiriosa and Kevin B (fabulous place, pool etc) if someone wants to take over.

FLIGHT(S) DETAILS
    From Dublin T1 to Barcelona El Prat T2 (FR6875)

DEPART (DUB)
    Dublin T1 ARRIVAL (BCN)
    Barcelona El Prat T2

Thu 14 May 2015
    06:15hrs Thu 14 May 2015
    09:50hrs

Book Airport carpark Airport transfers Car hire

From Barcelona El Prat T2 to Dublin T1 (FR6874)

DEPART (BCN)
    Barcelona El Prat T2 ARRIVAL (DUB)
    Dublin T1

Tue 19 May 2015
    10:25hrs Tue 19 May 2015
    12:10hrs

sz.andi
    Participant

Hi Jo,

I know someone who’d be interested, I’ve contacted you in private to discuss the prices and the possible handover.

Thanks,
    Andi.

John Kearney
    Participant

I’m booked Friday the 15th on the 06:15 Ryanair flight.

I’d be keen to hear from folks looking to share accommodation for the Fri/Sat/Sun nights. I promise I don’t snore, money back guarantee 🙂

Also, do we get a discount on shipmytribike? They’re quoting me €200 online, nearly twice what Michael O’Leary charges.

I might stay out for the week after and do the Nove Coli in Italy the weekend after, staying at Hotel Dory in Riccione.

http://www.novecolli.it/?Lang=en
    http://www.hoteldory.it/en/riccione-bike-hotel.htm

John Kearney
    Participant

After some discussion on yesterday’s ride, I’m going to book accommodation in Calella. I see a few options through AirBnB

So, if people are still looking to share, can they pm me so I can get an idea of numbers?

Also wondering whether we should we set up a whatsapp group or mail distribution list to coordinate transfers, accommodation, recovery drinks afterwards?

Thanks

John

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER