JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Goggle Recommendation

Home Forums New to Tri Goggle Recommendation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ringo
    Participant

Folks,

Has anyone got any recommendation on goggles for the pool that they found useful. The pairs I’ve tried (different variants of speedo) always seem to fill up with water eventually.

Cheers
    Ross

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

Really depends on the person re goggles but Swimkit in the NAC have a really wide selection and Nicky is happy for people to try on in the shop in order to find the right one for them. The key is getting a good seal. If you put the goggles up to your eyes and they stay on without being around your head then that should be a good starting point. Also look out for goggles that come with different size nose bridges which can also help you achieve the best fit for you.

I’d recommend the Finis Lightening goggles that I’m using at the mo. They work great for me but I have a friend who hates them and will never use them again!

Hope this is of some help!

Cheers,

Anthony

Pablo
    Participant

The anatomy of your face dictates what goggle fits best.

I’ve used these for the last 3 years (“Kaiman Small Fit – Blue Lens”):
    http://www.aquasphereswim.com/uk/index.php/products/eye-protection/adults/87″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;
    , very happy with them and would thoroughly recommend. Great for training, you can tighten or loosen the straps very easily. Not for racing (in the pool), but I’ve used them in open water events, no problems at all. After all this time, the rubber strap started to crumble.

Note that they look very similar to these (“Kaiman – Blue lens”):
    http://www.aquasphereswim.com/uk/index.php/products/eye-protection/adults/83″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;
    , so I bought a replacement pair (in the clear lense version) recently at SwimKit, thinking they were the same model… but they are bigger (bigger lense) and for whatever reason they don’t work for me… no matter how tight or loose is the strapping water gets in, so I stopped using them.

I also bought a pair of “Speedo FastSkin3 Elite Goggle Mirror Black/ Smoke” a few weeks back:
    http://www.swimkit.ie/speedo-fastskin3-elite-goggle-mirror-black-smoke/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;
    , the package comes with 3 different nose bridges so you can choose the one that’s best for you. Water does not get in. They feel a bit too tight (and leave bigger marks after a training session) even with the strap stretched to the max, and are not really designed for open water (I was told the salty water would damage the mirror coating eventually). But they definitely work.

Ringo
    Participant

Cheers for the info lads,the good people at base2race sorted me today.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER