JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Hook or By Crook Tri 2015 – Well done!

Home Forums Races Hook or By Crook Tri 2015 – Well done!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Willo
    Participant

Entry for the 2015 Hook or By Crook Sprint Distance Triathlon will open on Thursday 12th March at 8pm.

This race has been chosen as one of the races in Piranha’s National Series Strategy.

Some points to note on that race:

– The race takes place on Saturday 13th June in Dunmore East, Co. Waterford which is about 185km / 2hr 15 mins from Dublin

– It is a Sprint distance race with a 750m sea swim, a 20km out and back cycle and 7km run (first c. 2km is uphill)

– Last year c. 400 people took part in the race. I am expecting that the race this year will sell out quick as it is one of the most popular races on the TI calendar

– This race comes highly recommended and is in a beautiful part of the country. There should be a good crowd of Piranha’s going down (over 10% of the 400 who did it last year were from Piranha with 46 people from the club signing up) so we will be having a group dinner for those staying down followed by drinks and craic

– Registration will be available through the Triathlon Ireland website here https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

At the moment I am looking to book about 2 holiday homes for Friday and Saturday night at a cost of approx. €80 each. If that sounds like something you would be interest in, pleased let me know by posting up here. I can pay the deposit now but the c. €80 is payable in full by 1 May and I will contact those looking for accommodation with details on the final cost and how they can pay me!

Thanks

Will

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Willo.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Willo.
    Willo
    Participant

p.s. we will be renewing the Piranha versus Belp@*k Tri Club “face off” / battle down at this race so we need as many peeps as possible to sign up for the race. I’ll post up further details once they are finalised

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Thanks Will … this is a super race – highly recommended.

Willo
    Participant

Just a quick reminder that this race is opening for entries this evening.

The best available accommodation I can get is in Sea Cliff which is about an 8 min walk (650m) to the Spinnaker bar! Cost for two nights is €84 per person. I propose to book two houses that would sleep 10 (5 in each house) and co-ordinate payment of the houses then with the landlord. Each house has a double bedroom, twin bedroom and a single. To secure a place please post up here and I will DM my account details. Full payment will secure your place. If there is demand for a third house, I can see about getting one but once entries open I suspect much of the available accommodation will be booked up.

Post up here, DM or WhatsApp me (0879976190) if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Will

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Am in!

seustace
    Participant

I am in

marie
    Participant

Registered. Could you add me to your list for accom. Thanks 🙂

antje
    Participant

i’m in as well

Ger.F
    Participant

I’m in as well for this

Cheers for organising accommodation.

Siobhan Forman
    Participant

Hi Will,

I’d be grateful if you could put my name down for accomodation if there are still spaces,

Many Thanks,

Siobhan Forman

Catherine
    Participant

I’m in too! Would love to be added to accommodation if there’s any space left.

Cheers

Myles
    Participant

Stick Me down Will please

Willo
    Participant

That’s 6 spaces gone in the 2 houses with 4 spaces remaining.

Deposit for securing your place will be €43.35 each with the balance (€40) due by 1 April. I’ll DM or WhatsApp my account details to those who have indicated they would like a bed.

For anyone sitting on the fence I’d advise taking one of the remaining spaces as I left it late to get something last year and there wasn’t anything available.

Will

Willo
    Participant

Entries still available on TI site and a few beds still left in the official Piranha chateuax’s in Costa Del Dunmore East

laurajmoy
    Participant

yep count me in for acc too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER