follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Message from Nick Walsh

Home Forums Announcements Message from Nick Walsh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    muiriosaryan
    Keymaster

All
    As you may know, Vodafone have agreed to sponsor DCT for a further three years to the extent of €10,000 each year. This is great news for the Club and we are delighted to have such a prestigious sponsor continue their relationship with us. Going forward we have entered into a Sponsorship Agreement with Vodafone and an unfortunate unforeseen (at least by me!) consequence of this is that this contract creates a conflict of interest for Vodafone because I am Chairperson of Piranha but also connected to Vodafone through my wife Anne, who is CEO of Vodafone in Ireland.

Per their strict corporate governance rules, Vodafone cannot enter into a contract with another party to pay money where there is deemed to be a conflict of interest and although considerable effort has been made to find a solution, it transpires that there is no alternative other than my stepping down as chairperson.
    I very much regret that I am obliged to resign after such a short time and would like to thank the club for granting me the opportunity of being chairperson of such a great organization and also thank the committee who I have really enjoyed working with and who I now fully appreciate do tremendous work behind the scenes on behalf of the Club.

Further post to follow outlining process for appointing interim chairperson.
    Regards
    Nick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER