31st July 2017 at 9:02 pm #12942
As you are aware from the numerous emails/whats app/posts – Dublin City Triathlon is core to the very existence of the club and relies 100% on the volunteer efforts of its club members
So a big thank you to those who have already volunteered (trust me it is a rewarding and fun experience – this will be my 10th year in a row!) and I urge those who have not responded yet to get back to Martina asap.
As a rule – we do NOT allow any Piranhas to race Dublin City as we need them to volunteer/assist – it is our ONLY mandatory condition of your club membersip
We have however relaxed this restriction for two specific scenarios
Firstly, those Piranhas who require NS points to aid them to contribute to the Piranha club champs (i.e. be in top six male or female NS scorers of the club) may race DCT.
Why? Whilst DCT is our priority every year – we equally want to retain our club championship trophies for male/female and mixed teams
Criteria? If you think you qualify this route – please email Paul Mooney (DCT race director) and we will liaise with our NS co-ordinators to confirm whether you could benefit substanially from the NS points and you will be advised in due course
Secondly, the committee have decided to offer 5 lottery slots for the Piranha members to be allowed race Dublin City Triathlon
Why? We see this as a way of rewarding members who have consistently contributed to the club over the years and to encourage volunteerism
Criteria? Only members who have previously volunteered/assisted in two of the last 3 DCTs will be considered for lottery – please email Paul Mooney and myself if you qualify (stating years assisted in DCT) and would like to be entered into the lottery no later than the 4th Aug – we will notify successful candidates on 5th Aug
– In no other circumstances than the listed above – can a Piranha race DCT – if you have entered already without realizing this fact – you will be refunded your entry fee asap – if you qualify for the lottery – you apply via this route and if successful – you can keep your entry
– We are aware of a few people who entered DCT before joining the club – please email Paul and myself and we will deal with these people directly in as fair a manner as possible
– Even for Piranhas qualifying via the above route – you will need to pay entry fee as per any other competitors and will be expected to assist on the Friday/Saturday pre race in whatever capacity they can
– In any event of a dispute – the committee will have final and binding decision
- This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by stevenmoody.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.