follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Roll-up! Roll-up! Join the Cycle Lead Panel

Home Forums Training Roll-up! Roll-up! Join the Cycle Lead Panel

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bernard
    Participant

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Can you please email, text or WhatsApp me if you are agreeable to join the Cycle Lead Panel. When contacting me, please indicate the level(s) of group that you are comfortable leading. To refresh:

Group 1: average 22-24kph
    Group 2: average 24-26kph
    Group 3: average 26-28kph
    Group 4: average 28+kph

Note the club has not started Group 4 cycles. These are likely to commence in March.

I would like to make a particular appeal to female members to step-forward. We have a wonderful representation of women on the Committee, but a dearth of women engaging in the delivery of coaching!!

The purpose of the panel is to have a LARGE group of members who will rotate responsibility for leading the 4 group cycles on Sunday. Once the panel is formed we will provide guidelines for management of the group, and a group training session if there is a demand for that. (I’m about to be preachy!!!) It is neither fair nor reasonable to assume that other members will set-up for these responsibilities – we want a thriving club spirit and this is your opportunity to shine!!)

I, as Cycle Captain, will retain responsibility for the Bike Lead rota. Bike Leads will be agreed for a calendar month in the 3rd last week of the prior month. This way there is plenty of notice for your bike-lead rotation and time to agree with me the routes that will be taken.

Furthermore, the club is investing in Garmin Edge 1000’s. These will be available to the Bike Leads for navigational purposes. This way you do not have to be familiar with a route in order to lead the group.

Finally, it is not a requirement for members to have completed a coaching course to lead a Sunday Cycle – we are covered by TI insurance for group training and are not required to have a qualified coach with us to give effect to that insurance. I would encourage members putting themselves forward to consider attending the Medical Training next Saturday, January 21st (See Adam Goslin’s Post). I would also encourage members who have completed the Tri Leader Course or Triathlon Coach Level 1 Course to use the Bike Lead Panel as an opportunity to build coaching hours for sign-off by myself.

Thank you all for your support. I’m waiting by my phone!!

Bernard
    Bike Captain and
    ….. Proud to be a Piranha

ber.hanratty@gmail.com 087 231 5076

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER