23rd January 2017 at 3:50 pm #12282
In order for us to get the Summer Gear (including Tri Suits) in time for the start of the season and first race (or as close to as possible), we need to know a few details.
Please complete the survey monkey below:
Summer Gear Survey
Please note that the following:
– Ordering will open towards the end of February, with the last day for orders being Sunday 26th February – to get orders back from Velo by mid April.
– Fittings will be after swimming, in the change rooms on the following dates: Thursday 16th February, Saturday 18th February and Tuesday 21st February – Dave O’Shea/ Aidan will have various sizes in the guys change room for try on, and I’ll have gear for the girls in the ladies change rooms.
– Pricing is still to be determined and will be made available as soon as we know
– It is anticipated that the gear available will be one piece (sleeveless and with sleeves) and two piece tri suits, summer cycling tops and bib shorts and gillets. We are looking to provide items individually and with a bundle option.
Due to learnings from the Winter Order, Dave O’Shea and I will be your go-to people with any gear related questions you may have, whilst Aidan Hughes will interface and work with Velo to ensure everything runs smoothly on that side!
Aidan, Dave and Megan23rd January 2017 at 4:20 pm #12283
Super stuff folks.
Quick question for Dave: If I ordered some of the winter gear and it now has a hole in it because someone couldn’t stay upright whilst going around a roundabout, do you replace it?24th January 2017 at 8:58 pm #12297
Brilliant! Thanks a mill – can’t wait to get my tri suit!
If there were other interested parties, would it be possible to get running singlets?
I run a few races under the Piranha name. Could be a good way to fly the flag…
Either way thanks for organising the gear 🙂25th January 2017 at 9:05 am #12299
We can look into running singlets and there’s been a request for baseball caps/ peaks as well so we will see what we can source5th February 2017 at 8:32 am #12320
Missed this post last week.
I can’t see the Survey Monkey – is it still on website somewhere?
Trish5th February 2017 at 6:23 pm #12321
Just click on the words summer gear order and the survey will come up.
Muiriosa13th February 2017 at 1:33 pm #12342
Just a reminder that sizes of gear will be available after swimming this week on Thursday, Saturday and next week on Tuesday in the Westwood change rooms. Dave O’Shea will have for the lads and I’ll have sizes for the girls. Please continue to wear your swim gear when you try the sizes on.
Any questions just shout!
Dave & Megan27th February 2017 at 2:57 pm #12413
**** SUMMER ORDER GEAR UPDATE ****
Due to a few finer details that we are still ironing out, we’ve pushed back the gear orders a week or two.
We are aiming to have the order in for Tri Suits & Summer Cycling Kit towards the middle/end of March which will still see the kit available and ready for the middle of May races.
Any queries just shout.
Aidan, Dave & Megan9th May 2017 at 10:09 am #12633
Update on the Delivery of the Summer Gear Order
It’s unlikely that we will get the gear in time for Carlow Triathlon this weekend. This is no fault of Velo’s but rather due to us making sure we got the order 100% right in terms of quality, design, etc. and as such submitting the order a week later than anticipated.
It is touch and go as to whether we will get the order delivered in time for Barcelona next week…we are hoping we do and doing all we can to facilitate this, but at this point we can’t guarantee this.
We’ve been assured that the latest we’ll get the order is before the end of May so worst case scenario, we miss a few races but will have it for the summer.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
DAM (Dave, Aido & Megan)31st May 2017 at 10:02 am #12675
Good news. Our gear delivery has arrived!! Aidan Hughes has very kindly offered to once again assist with the distribution of same.
Please note the following:
1. Priority – for those Piranhas racing at Athy, Kilrush or elsewhere this weekend (Priority Athletes), these athletes will get priority and will be able to get their gear from Aidan this week.
2. How can the gear be collected?
a. Priority Athletes ONLY – The gear can be collected after swimming tomorrow (Thursday 1 June) or from Aidan’s work address at the GPO on Thursday. Alternatively it can be collected from Aidan’s home. Please arrange to contact Aidan well in advance to arrange collection. Aidan can be contacted by Whats App or message 087 6295570.
b. All other athletes – The gear can be collected after swimming on Saturday the 10th of June.
3. Other gear orders – we are currently looking into this and will be providing an update very soon.
4. Complaints – should you have any issues (hopefully not) please contact Dave or Megan.
Megan, Aidan and Dave5th June 2017 at 11:21 am #12680
So, Aidan our superstar (yes he is in competition for the most volunteer of the month awards everrrr!!) has been digging through three large boxes and organised all the gear. Some man for one man!
As per our earlier post above, here is the plan (PLEASE READ)
The gear is ready for collection for all other athletes. Unfortunately, the ladies cycling jersey are delayed but we will ensure to deliver these as soon as possible. As was organised last week:
1. PIRANHAS RACING THIS WEEKEND: if you have an event/race this weekend, your gear can be collected from Aidan’s house, from his work or he will be swimming on Tuesday and Thursday at Westwood this week. Similar to last week, PLEASE TEXT (087 6295570) or Whats App Aidan (PLEASE ENSURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN YOUR TEXT) and make the appropriate arrangements. Please try to text at a reasonable time (NOT AFTER 11PM – he needs his beauty sleep).
2. ALL OTHER PIRANHAS – for those who ordered gear, your gear can be collected from Westwood on Saturday (10 June) between 10-11am.
3. OTHER ITEMS – we will be in touch shortly with regards to the additional stock, other gear orders etc. We want to distribute our current stock firstly and then deal with the additional stock and possible new orders etc.
Megan, Aidan, Dave10th June 2017 at 4:14 pm #12699
There are still some items to be collected. Please make the appropriate arrangements with Aidan.
We hope to distribute all the gear first before selling the additional stock (limited in numbers) and arranging any further orders.
Please contact Dave or Megan should you have any issues / queries with your gear order and we will try to help, if possible.
Thanks a mill.
Megan, Aidan and Dave
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.