The much anticipated Piranha Bike Lead rota is now available and can be accessed here.
To ensure the smooth running of the Sunday spins, it was decided that the group lead responsibility should be shared across club members. Please check to see if you name is on the list. If you have been assigned to a group, the expectation is that you will lead a spin on the date stated. If for some reason you are unable to attend, it is your responsibility to find another club member to take your place. In this case, please replace your name on the spreadsheet with the name of your replacement so that we know who to expect that morning.
Some pointers for Bike Leads
Night before the spin:
– Ensure you know the route
Morning of the spin
– Introduce yourself to the group
– Outline the route
– Provide some tips on group cycling and what is expected of them
During the spin
– Call out directions to the riders at the front
– Keep group together and ensure all riders make it back to the start point
– Ensure all riders are cycling in a safe manner. Provide feedback to those that aren’t
More information on leading out a group can be found here.