JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Thanks to Bernard & Committee

Home Forums Announcements Thanks to Bernard & Committee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nickwalsh6469
    Participant

Hi All,
    At last Saturday’s AGM I was somehow elected Chairman, taking over from Bernard for 2016/17. Firstly, to those of you that were not able to attend on Saturday and who may not know me, by way of introduction I joined Piranha with my wife Anne about 2004 I think and have taken part in numerous races over the years – none too quickly! More importantly I have made some great friends and enjoyed some fabulous trips away and long cycles (and shorter sea swims) with club members.

I really think that Piranha is a special club and I am privileged to be Chairman. I look forward to serving and hopefully meeting you all through the year and would encourage you to please contact me if you have any questions or suggestions that would improve the club for the benefit of the members.

A big thanks is due to Bernard who has put in a huge amount of work over the past two years implementing the structures and policies that have ensured the club has gone from strength to strength during his time as Chairman, culminating of of course in our clean sweep of the Club National Series titles this year!

Thanks also to the the committee members for their contributions, in particular John Staunton who is deservedly stepping down as Treasurer after six years in the post.

Regards

Nick

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

I echo these sentiments – it was by far the most successful year that I have seen since I joined the club – a large part of that is due to the initiatives implemented by Bernard and the committee

Well done to one and all

Myles
    Participant

Hi Nick

Congratulations on your election, again I concur with your sentiments it has been a great year for the club.

BarryMc
    Participant

Great to hear your our new chairman Nick.

Would also like to add to the thanks for all of last years committee. It was a great year for Piranha triathletes, both at the podium end of races and throughout the field. This is due to the massive work of all volunteers in the club, committee members, organisers of training sessions and talks and DCT and new to tri and … and … and ……..
    fantastic structure and effort across the board.

I had the privilege of working with John for 2 of his six years on the committee. He has guided the club finances prudently and diligently for 6 whole years.
    Above and beyond the call of duty. Above and beyond.

Big thanks to everyone on the incoming committee (and the non committee posts) as well. Appreciate you giving your time to help fellow Piranhas achieve their best in the sport and represent our club.

It is only through the efforts of volunteers and the giving of your free time that we will continue to build on the great club that is Piranha.

B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER