JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Turbo Trainer

Home Forums New to Tri Turbo Trainer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Hayes
    Participant

Hi all

I’m looking to buy a reasonably priced turbo trainer. Is there a brand and shop (preferably in town) that anyone could recommend?

Rachel.

paulod
    Keymaster

swimcyclerun.com have a good selection to suit most budgets.

piranhaextra5 for an additional 5% off at the checkout

Rachel Hayes
    Participant

Thanks Paul. Looks like it could be an investment if this weather continues!

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Rachael,

You will find some second hand ones at the link below, but I’d advise you bring someone with you when buying, also if you have good negotiating skills then you will get a good bargin. I went and bought one before and it was missing a vital component 😆 😆 rookie!

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/Turbo%20Trainer” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

You could also get involved in spinning classes, that either the club organises or local gym like WW for example.

Or

Get good winter tyres and just get out there, wrap up well, and find somewhere safe you can do lap after lap after lap 😎

John_S
    Participant

Hi Rachel

I got a Tacx Flow Ergo turbo trainer about 5 years ago, and its still going strong.

Bought it in Wheelworx at the time, but am sure you’ll get it in other shops too.

For me, key thing to make sure is that your turbo trainer has good range of resistance settings, doesn’t make too much noise and has a way to measure Cadence (some of the entry-level models may not have this).

John S

Rachel Hayes
    Participant

Thanks a mill lads, all much appreciated. First winter training season here I come 🙂 I’ll definitely be bracing the elements too (hand warmers anyone?!)

Happy Friday

Kev.b
    Participant

Hi, chainreaction have a great one on special at the moment, 120 delivered, just got one and im impressed with it. Good luck!

Rachel Hayes
    Participant

Thanks Kevin, I got sorted!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER