JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Watch

Home Forums New to Tri Watch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NiamhTucker
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a watch for training?

Thanks,

Niamh

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Hi Niamh,

Completely depends on what you want from it and how much you want to spend. Here’s a good place to start if you want some guidance:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/06/summer-sports-recommendations.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty in depth review of all the best options out there but, if you have the time to read, it should help you choose…

Happy training!

Anthony

Niall Doyle
    Participant

Hi Niamh , just got a garmin fenix 2 , stunning bit of kit , expensive but worth it , if you like I could lend it to you for a week . The only problem is the screen contrast is poor , nowhere near to the publicity photos . Otherwise it’s flawless . Niall .the guts in top bicycles in Clontarf have one in stock with the hrm and cadence sensor fir the bike.

Pgrealy
    Participant

Just IMHO

I have had a few over the years but have stuck with the Garmin 500 (which is mainly a Bike computer). Garmin offer a newer 510 version but still offer the 500 because cyclists like the unit more then the newer one.

Also I have a garmin strap that can hold the 500 when runnning so I train and race with the single unit for both Bike and run. (will be using it in Roth). The 510 is probably a bit big for running with.

The 500 is probably the cheapest of the fully functional bike GPS computers and is being discounted now that the 510 is here.

Rgds P

NiamhTucker
    Participant

Thanks guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER