JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Alpe D'Huez Triathlon, France

Home Forums Races Alpe D'Huez Triathlon, France

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dmeldon
    Spectator

Hey, would anyone be interested in signing up to the Alpe D’Huez Triathlon on July 27th next year? Visually, it’s meant to be one of the most stunning triathlons out there and the organisers kindly offer a discount to clubs with five or more participants signing up. I hear the hills aren’t much worse than a few laps of Howth (which we’ve all done). Let me know if you are interested and I can organise registration.

http://www.alpetriathlon.com/en/long_distance.html

Diarmuid

darraghk
    Participant

Interested alright. Not 100℅ sure yet. 🙂

tomdbomb
    Spectator

Also interested.

Any thoughts on how straightforward/complicated logistics would be?

dmeldon
    Spectator

I’ve signed up! We’d have needed 6 for the discount which was probably optimistic.

Logistics wise you can fly to either Nice or Lyon, both about 130 to 200 return depending on dates then car rental is the only way to do travelling I think. But that’s very cheap over there. I’m not bringing my bike, it’s not set up for climbing and would be hassle to bring around. You can rent them over there, they’d have a fairly descent spec too. There’s a good bit of accommodation in the area but it might sell out. I’m thinking about just camping (not sure many would be keen for that).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER