PIRANHA TRIATHLON CLUB
CLUB MEMBER DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
1. ABOUT THIS DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
1.1 This data protection statement (Statement) is intended to explain how your personal information (Personal Data) will be collected and handled by Piranha Triathlon Club (the Club) as a member of the Club.
1.2 To become a member of the Club, you must provide your Personal Data. If you don’t, the Club will be unable to accept your membership.
1.3 Where you provide Personal Data about other individuals (e.g. your emergency contact), you agree that you are responsible for ensuring that these individuals know their Personal Data will be used by the Club in accordance with this Statement.
1.4 The Club may amend this Statement from time to time at its discretion. You should check our website www.piranhatri.com regularly for any amendments.
2. WHY AND HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1 When you are a member of the Club, we collect, obtain and process your Personal Data (e.g. name, address, telephone number(s), date of birth / age related information, e-mail address, Triathlon Ireland membership number) to be able to provide you with membership to and participation in the Club.
2.2 It is necessary for the Club to process your Personal Data to perform the terms of your membership. The Club does this in order to:
- manage and administer your membership in the Club when you sign up as a member via the Triathlon Ireland (TI) website or otherwise (please note that to be a member of the Club you need to be registered as a member of TI);
- arrange Club training sessions and events;
- allow you to participate in all Club organised training sessions to include, amongst other things, any inter-club events such as the TT series; and
- send you communications and invitations to members on Club matters such as training sessions, related Club activities and Club kit and merchandise.
2.3 In other circumstances, the Club processes your Personal Data where it has a legitimate interest to do so. For example, the Club has a legitimate interest to:
- organise and arrange Club offers or fundraising events;
- inform/contact you about Club updates via newsletters and instant messages via social media platforms]
- inform/contact you about Club organised social events;
- inform/contact you about Club surveys or Club competitions; and
- publish/post photos and videos which feature you on the Club website and official Club social media pages.
2.4 By processing your Personal Data to pursue the Club’s legitimate interest, we reflect the activity of the Club, both for the enjoyment of members, as well as to give prospective members and other community stakeholders some insight into what we do. Before we process your Personal Data to pursue our legitimate interests for the above purposes, we determine if such processing is necessary and we carefully consider the impact of our processing activities on your fundamental rights and freedoms. On balance, we have determined that the processing is necessary to achieve our legitimate interests and that the processing which we conduct does not adversely impact on your rights and freedoms.
2.5 The Club may also process your Personal Data (or that of your emergency contact) when you are involved in an incident which poses a risk to your health. When we process your Personal Data for this purpose, we do so on the basis that it is necessary to protect your vital interests in the case of an emergency.
3. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1 We may share your Personal Data to the following parties:
- Club coaches, Club committee members or Club training captains;
- Westwood Gym (Clontarf);
- National and international triathlon associations and other triathlon clubs;
- Payment service providers;
- Club gear and merchandise manufacturers; and
- Professionals such as guest speakers at Club events, dietary consultants, triathlon consultants and training consultants.
3.2 The Club has the following social media pages: Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Tapatalk and Instagram. There are several unofficial social media pages as well. All members are free to join the official Club social media pages. If you join one of the official Club social media pages, please note that the provider of the social media platform(s) have their own data protection statements and that the Club does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the official Club social media pages.
4. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We hold your Personal Data for the duration of your membership with the Club. We will delete your Personal Data within 2 years of your membership ceasing, unless we are required under European Union or Irish laws or regulations to retain your Personal Data for longer periods.
5. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Club members are asked to review and update their Personal Data periodically (e.g. if you change phone number) and at the time of renewing Club membership so that it remains up to date.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights when it comes to your Personal Data.
|Rights||What does this mean?You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Data and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Statement.|
|1. The right to be informed||You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Data and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Statement.|
|2. The right of access||You have the right to obtain access to your Personal Data (if we’re processing it), and other certain other information (similar to that provided in this Statement).|
|3. The right to rectification||You are entitled to have Personal Data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.|
|4. The right to erasure||This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you torequestthe deletionorremovalof your PersonalData where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.|
|5. The right to restrict processing||You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your Personal Data. When processing is restricted, we can still store your Personal Data, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their Personal Data to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.|
|6. The right to object to processing||You have the right to object to the Club processing your Personal Data which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests.|
You can exercise any of these rights by emailing a request to [email protected].
We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request. We may extend this up to 2 months if necessary however we will inform you if this arises.
If you would like to discuss anything in this Statement, please contact:
- the Club Chairman via email at [email protected]; or
- the Club Secretary via email at [email protected]
If after this, you are not satisfied by the effort and response by the Club, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission. Please see www.dataprotection.ie for further information.