JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

By Hook or by Crook – Survival Guide

Home Forums Races By Hook or by Crook – Survival Guide

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bernard
    Participant

For all the Tapatalk Junkies ….

Please refer to the news story ‘Piranha NS Strategy – Race 2″ on the website. It includes lots of important information about the Club Championships including Car Pooling and a Face Off that we are going to have with Belpark in Dunmore East.

VERY IMPORTANTLY, please book your space at the table for the Club Championship’s dinner. We only have 15 places left (out of a total of 60). We may be able to increase the number, but as you can appreciate we need to do so by Friday, 13th June (one week in advance).

Link for dinner is here too …

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aui1vsRAIgBadHAxTEc5TzJzczJBeVRZZGRvWlBZWHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Happy Racing, Bernard

Willo
    Participant

Has anyone by any chance booked a house down there for Friday night and have a spare bed? I haven’t looked into logistics and accommodation yet

Will ❓

jamesn
    Participant

I havnt either, but would be for sharing somewhere if there’s anything left.
    There’s a few hotels/B&B’s still on the go, if your interested too.

Ronan Lambe
    Keymaster

I thought the topic ‘survival guide’ was aptly named…this photo was taken in Dunmore East last wknd. Might upgrade the wetsuit to a 15mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patlinehan
    Participant

Didn’t think I could make Dunmore East this weekend but can now – if anyone can’t make the trip I would be happy to use their place (with appropriate fee) assuming still can transfer – Thanks

Bernard
    Participant

Pat, Waterford Tri are completely closed for transfers / new entries.

I think it is worth coming down on spec and running under the name of a no show – but I can’t G’tee that the organisers will support.

darraghk
    Participant

I didn’t need to see that Ronan!

Bernard
    Participant

Note the following slight change to the method of scoring to the Piranha / Belpark Face Off. The change is in the mixed categories (all members, top 30% and bottom 30%) where the score will be calculated by (the average of the female members) + (the average of the male members). This is because women make-up 25 of the 45 Belpark members and only 15 of the 60+ piranha members.

So, the winning club will be the winner on the ‘Best of 7 Competitions’ as set-out below:

First woman to finish
    First man to finish
    (Average NS points for all female participants) + (Average NS points for all male participants)
    Average NS points for all women
    Average NS points for all men
    (Average NS points for the top 30% female participants) + (Average NS points for the top 30% male participants)
    (Average NS points for the bottom 30% female participants) + (Average NS points for the bottom 30% male participants)

This means that every Piranha competing will contribute to the Face Off. It will also encourage all Piranhas who have finished the race to walk back the course and encourage our fellow Piranha who are finishing behind us. It makes for a really great day.

We will have a prize giving social night with Belpark on Saturday, 12th July in Dublin (after the Two Provinces National Series / Piranha Club Race). There will only be prizes for first woman and first man. We might even extend to an inaugural cup that will be presented to the winning club!

Bernard

Bernard
    Participant

Please note that registration closes at 10.00am on Saturday and NOT 10.30 as previously advised on the Race Briefing.

7 am departure from Dublin continues to be recommended!

Willo
    Participant

If anyone is traveling down to Dunmore East Friday I’d love a lift. I’d share the petrol costs and buy sweets for the trip.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER