JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Disability Inclusion Training Course

Home Forums Announcements Disability Inclusion Training Course

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Phil Sykes
    Participant

Can I draw the attention of all our club Coaches and Assistant Coaches and anyone else interesting in coaching to the announcement below which I received via Triathlon Ireland. If anyone is interested, please follow up directly:

Thanks,

Phil.

Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Sports Partnership is holding a 6 hour Disability Inclusion Training Course in November. We are working to encourage all clubs in the County to become accessible and inclusive.

This course is designed to give teachers, coaches, volunteers, development officers ideas and inspiration on how to adapt their sports or recreation sessions to make them more accessible for those with a disability. It is a theory and practical course that covers terminology, barriers to participation, and an introduction to disability sports and ways of adapting activities to make them more inclusive.

On completion of the course all participants will receive a Coaching Ireland / Cara National APA Centre Certificate and a range of useful course material.

The details are as follows, Saturday 8th November in Newpark Comprehensive School, Sports Centre, Newtown Park Avenue, Blackrock from 10am – 4pm.

Places are limited, online booking and forms available from http://www.caraapacentre.ie” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;.

MarkMc
    Participant

I think I’ll be signing up for it.

There are a few different dates on the website, depending on where you do the course. I’ll sign up for the South Dublin one on Oct 4th.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER