JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

February Points Challenge 2015

Home Forums Training February Points Challenge 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    GavinDuffy
    Participant

Hey all,

Time for a challenge to get people motivated for February! The challenge or a swim variety has gone on over the last few years and always has similar questions and complaints!

The Purpose: To get you motivated to hit all your sessions – NOT to run yourself in to the ground by doing too much! Stick to your training plan and the challenge is designed to help you hit all your sessions rather than make you head out at midnight to sneak in an extra 10km run to bump up your points! 🙂

The challenge spreadsheet is here –> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvEqzHWphIiXdFBRZGZXRU1vQUtoOFhGVGZyc0pCX1E#gid=0

Just pick a place on the spreadsheet based on your ability – points are awarded based on:
    Category Swim Cycle Run
    Beginner 100m 2km .5km
    Intermediate 150m 2.5km .75km
    Advanced 200m 3km 1km

If you just fill in your daily totals of distance then the spreadsheet will update itself and i’ll keep an eye on sorting it out. If its not working or you do something you’re not sure how to undo, just email or message me through the site!

FAQ
    – Commuting counts if you count it as actual training – if you don’t consider it training then leave it out – your call!
    – Don’t increase your running mileage too much too soon, swim and bike are much better ways to increase volume safely
    – Turbo training counts for 27.5km per hour spent on the trainer
    – The challenge doesn’t account for intensity, but its important in your training so don’t avoid it just to gain points in a challenge if thats what the planned session was!
    – When filling in the spreadsheet, make sure to choose your level correctly – then feel free to colour and design it all you want 🙂
    – Its supposed to be a fun, competitive way to boost fitness during a dark and cold time of year – don’t over do it and reach beyond your current fitness and end up run down or injured! But do get up off the warm couch and get a run done for the spreadsheet if you’re 50/50 on heading out!
    – This thread can be used throughout the month for updates, questions and general challenge banter! Post up if you’re signing up to the challenge! Game on!

Happy Training!

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Will there be prizes Gav??????

GavinDuffy
    Participant

I’ll see what I can do! We have had up to 42 members in previous years so get signing up! You can see the tabs down the bottom of the page have a previous year’s total to see what people got up to previously!

Starts Sunday!

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Excellent!!

Steve can you make this Sticky??

Gav, given I have already been unfairly treated with Tri Athy 1 week after IM Lanza, can I start from tomorrow as I have 160km cycle. 😉

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Made stickier than one of Jackies delish flapjacks …. recommend people sign up for this – it is a good bit of fun and gets the competitive spirit going

Siobhan Forman
    Participant

Hi Gavin,

Just before the Challenge starts, Might it be a good idea to have the date and day synchronous?

The 1st is logged as Saturday.

Siobhan

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Hi Siobhan,

I’ve adjusted the calendar to fit with the month. First day on of the challenge is today (Sunday)

Cheers,

Anthony

GavinDuffy
    Participant

Thanks Siobhan & Anthony! thought i’d set it correctly oops!

Good numbers signing up so far, great work everyone! Get involved! 🙂

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Can’t believe I don’t get my 100k for Sat… you guys will need a head start anyway 😛

paulod
    Keymaster

You were supposed to do 160km… no points for you slacker. Stephens club record is safe.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

SteVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVen …….!!!!!!!!

Thank you … thank you very much….

paulod
    Keymaster

I meant the other Stephen, Steven.

Paul Mooney
    Participant

haha… puncture delayed me, she had to come pick me up.

paulod
    Keymaster

Did you need a VVVVVVVVV-Valve extender???

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

I don’t know which is worse Paul … the ready made excuses or the made up “girlfriend” ….

It is ok to admit you only have triathlon in your life … we will not judge you (anymore than we do already)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER