JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

IM France 2015

Home Forums Races IM France 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Niall McD
    Participant

Hi All,

Planning on doing IM France in 2015. One of the most iconic races on the Iron Man calendar. Is anyone else interested in doing this next year?

Niall

Dario28
    Participant

Maybe…is ship my tribike doing it
    When’s it go on sale ?

Niall McD
    Participant

Yep, ship my tri bike service it and its on sale now. Im going to sign up today.

Paul Mooney
    Participant

If this is the club Iron distance then i might sign up aswell.
    Also have Lanzarote in May.

paulod
    Keymaster

Just read about the course.

It had me at – “Athletes will see a beach start before taking the plunge into the picturesque waters of the Mediterranean Sea”

It lost me at – “With 5,000 feet of climbing, the bike course is as challenging as it is beautiful”

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Yup definitely not a course for IM newbies as one of the toughest on the circuit … so doubt this will be the long distance race of choice if the club plan to organise something similar to Roth 2014 next year…

Besides McD is dangerous and should be a) fed after midnight and/or b) come in touch with water … both of which I suspect are high risks with this Ironman …

RobMcDonald
    Participant

In defence of IM France (the climbing on which nearly killed me) everything non-race related is easy. Direct flights to a well serviced airport. Loads of hotels. You can get a bus from the airport to city centre for less than 2 euro (2010). In fact it’s so convenient to get to that I wouldn’t contemplate doing it again without practicing the bike course a month before the race.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER