JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Important Warm Weather Training update and action required by 9pm 5th Dec

Home Forums Training Important Warm Weather Training update and action required by 9pm 5th Dec

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

All

After some very extensive research from our very own Paul Boyle, the training committee has decided to select ShipMyTriBike as the warm weather provider for the 2015 season.

Hats off to Paul for all the hard work in the background – very much appreciated.

What is warm weather training?
    Essentially a week in the sun with like minded triathletes with a structured training plan for the week – typically involving a bike/swim/run session on each day.

In-between the endorphin highs of some excellent coaching sessions – there are chances to nap, eat, drink coffee and banter away with your clubmates.

For more detail on the structure/info checkout http://www.shipmytribike.ie/index.php/main/article/training-camps-2015 [keep a close eye out on the video for some familar looking bodies …

Where is it on?
    Algarve, Portugal

Who will it suit?
    Whilst a week of warm weather training will not be for all – as long as you are not a complete newbie (ie can swim/bike/run to some level) and are used to multi-disciplinary training a min of 5 hours + a week including experience of cycling for a few hours in a group – you should stand to benefit from this camp

When is it on?
    We have 3 options….. 8th – 15th March, 29th – 5th April or 5th – 12th April [we will vote on this … see below for survey)

Ignore the “long distance” Vs “Middle distance” camp – the SMTB can tailor the camp to our needs (again the survey will help us focus this)

What will it cost?
    Normally these camps cost in the region of €1195 for people sharing a room or €1350 for single occupancy

However, due to the clubs partnership with SMTB and a generous €50 subsidy per person (if we get over 15 signed up individuals) – we can now offer this training camp at €995 for people sharing and €1150 for single occupancy

What do I get for my money?
    – Flights
    – Airport transfers
    – Accommodation (full board) easy on the deserts though – I actually put on weight!
    – Bike Transport from Ireland & the UK
    – Top level international coaches
    – 7 days of quality training

What they said?
    “I have not had this much fun with my clothes on since chess club” E. Tighe
    “I felt like I was standing on the shoulders of giants every day” N. McD
    “This camp made me the club champion that I am today” S. J. Moody
    “The drivers are really friendly and do not try to kill you” C. NiF

Next steps
    Ok seeing as we have 3 dates we are kind of spoilt for choice – but one of the key elements of all the WWT I have been on has been the team bonding that you get from a great weeks training with your clubmates – so we will try to plum for the dates that suit the majority – hence we would like anyone interesting in attending to vote for their preferences via my monkey …. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NCVTRQ8

To allow us to manage/collate the necessary info – I need this survey completed by no later 9pm on Friday 5th Dec.

I hope you do decide to sign up and participate with your clubmates in an amazing week of training/fun….

Steven

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by stevenmoody.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by stevenmoody.
    Bernard
    Participant

Great work Paul – many thanks for all the research.

Members,

this is a magnificent week of training and really good fun. The price is set at a very affordable price to encourage as many Piranha’s to travel as possible. As you might expect, it is also an opportunity to build friendships in the club and to strengthen your identity as Piranha (… and who wouldn’t to do that!).

So give Warm Weather Training due consideration and complete the MonkeySurvey as soon as you can if participation is a possibility for you.

Your Chairman,

Bernard

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Good response rate to date

So far we are looking at
    8th – 15th March – 24%
    29th March – 5th April – 30%
    5th April – 12th April – 46%

So still up in the air …. keep the votes in people … lots of Piranhas planning for fun in the sun in 2015

Paul Mooney
    Participant

I propose a final day Sprint Triathlon!! I swear i’m not competitive at all 😛

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@paul – for the competitive amongst us … there was a short aquathon on the last day of the 2014 camp …. turnout was not 100% due to some people overdoing the celebration of Irelands 6 nation victory the night before – but I did podium!!

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

and the hits keep coming

So far we are looking at
    8th – 15th March – 26%
    29th March – 5th April – 37%
    5th April – 12th April – 37%

It is neck and neck so far … but loads of interest in WWT thus far!

This is gonna be epic

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

UPDATE
    8th – 15th March – 24%
    29th March – 5th April – 38%
    5th April – 12th April – 38%

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

UPDATE
    8th – 15th March – 21%
    29th March – 5th April – 36%
    5th April – 12th April – 43%

BOB
    Participant

I assume the itinerary has been amended to include a special outing to Cliff Richard’s vineyard?

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@Bob – yes we will be clearly paying a visit to your “Summer holiday” favourite “Cliff, the vineyard and the little stable girl”

UPDATE – April 5th is creeping ahead …..
    8th – 15th March – 23%
    29th March – 5th April – 33%
    5th April – 12th April – 44%

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

UPDATE – April 5th is still the most popular choice …..
    8th – 15th March – 25%
    29th March – 5th April – 33%
    5th April – 12th April – 42%

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

So you have waited long enough – the survey is now closed and we had an unprecedented level of interest of 46 people!

So the final votes fell as follows
    8th March option -28%
    29th March option – 32%
    5th April – 40%

So April 5th is the winner! (in making this decision we did take into account which camps people where unable to attend and April 5th fared best in this department too with the least amount (4) indicating that they would not able to make this camp)

We are now working with SMTB on making this a Piranha specific camp and there will be a post early next week outlining next steps to secure your slot!

Thanks for all who participated in the survey

SM

Bernard
    Participant

Great work Moody, well done.

Folks, 46 members expressing an interest is fantastic. What a great week it is going to be – my only regret is that I won’t be there myself.

Have your fingers on the button to book your place when the next post goes up.

Regards

Bernard

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER