JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Interclub TT Series Race 1 N2 Results

Home Forums Events Interclub TT Series Race 1 N2 Results

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Declan
    Participant

Well done to all who turned up for the 1st in the series of Interclub TT’s between Piranha & Belpark,
    It was a very wet and windy morning but that did not dampen the spirits our dedicated athletes.
    This was the 1st of 3 planned TT events which are a great way to see where you are, for the start of the fast approaching triathlon season.

Male Results
    Place—Rider Name————Club———Total Time——-“Avg Speed Kmph”
    1——-Gareth robinson——-Piranha——00:22:10————38.17
    2——-Kevin Keane———–Belpark——00:22:14————38.05
    3——-Stephen Eustace——-Piranha——00:22:15————38.02
    4——-John Wallnutt———Piranha——00:22:28————37.66
    5——-Ben Malone————Belpark——00:22:28————37.66
    6——-Simon Sheridan——–Piranha——00:23:52————35.45
    7——-Ian Allen————-Piranha——00:24:56————33.93
    8——-Pat Linehan———–Piranha——00:25:40————32.96
    9——-Zsombor Egly———-Belpark——00:26:20————32.13

Ladies Results:
    1——-Antje Danneberg——-Piranha——00:27:23————30.89
    2——-Britta Luebbert——-Belpark——00:33:14————25.46

A huge thanks to all the Marshals who helped out today, you made this possible.

Plenty of time for everyone to get ready for the next race which will be on the 18th of April.
    Register here:

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Declan. Reason: Updated Times & Results
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Declan.
    Gmonee
    Participant

Thanks for organising it lads! A great mornings work. Looking forward to seeing a few more people at the next one. It’s not too late to enter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antje
    Participant

great first experience in a time trial. Thanks for organising it. however I can’t believe that the only 2 girls who braved the weather were german 😉

patlinehan
    Participant

Well done for organising guys. Really great to start the racing year. Thank you

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Fair do’s for organising ………..shame we got such a shitty morning but as we live in Ireland whats new.

I would like to point out that even before the bad weather we only had 14 people signed up (7 from Piranha). It would seem that many people were put off by the fact it was a competition and that another club was involved and they would not like to let the club down etc etc.

THIS IS A FUN EVENT BUT ALSO A GREAT TRAINING EVENT…………I was surprized no newbies apart from Antje showed up. This is the perfect event for people who are new to triathlons to learn how to pace themselves in a timed event and thats what it is A TIMED EVENT NOT A RACE ! Yes the fastest person gets some bragging rights but its just a bit of fun !

I would ask the committee to cancel the swim for one morning to encourage as many people as possible to take part in the next TT. If we cannot do that move it to Sunday 19th and use it as our bike session, which is 20km so a perfect practice event for anyone looking at doing their first triathlon. Paul Mooney lets be having all the newbies out on the 18th. Casso ( the powerhouse) can give us some tips and then show us how its done ! how about the other 60 or so people who are swimming on a regular basis ………why not skip one swim and do this event. Most clubs around the country do this with their members on a regular basis at this time of year to prepare for the coming season

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi John

I agree completely. Maybe touch base with Anthony M and see if he can co-ordinate that RE: Training? We did post a good few times to the new members, so i’ll have to suss out why there wasn’t much interest.

Cheers

Paul

alanduggan
    Participant

“Yes the fastest person gets some bragging rights but its just a bit of fun ! ”

Are you playing down the bragging rights because Stephen has you in his pocket?

johnwallnutt
    Participant

As it stands it’s one victory each ( I was ahead by 11 seconds in the Duathlon ) but all just a bit of fun !!
    But the real FUN will start when we start racing in TRIATHLONS……you might remember what they are or have you retired ??.

Bernard
    Participant

Hi

I concur that we should encourage as much member participation as possible – and stress that the Belpark events are about 3 things – gaining experience, having fun and having a bit of banter with members of another club.

However, I don’t believe we should cancel a Saturday morning swim / run – as many of the 50+ members who participate in these sessions may not be available or wish to do the TTs. So lets keep up the momentum on encouraging participation – but not at the expense of cancelling Saturday sessions for all members.

Thanks,

Bernard

casso
    Participant

Agree these TT’s are a great way to get used to the harder efforts or racing and bring some great experience from participating (bring your runners and make it a quick brick) unfortunately I’ve a wedding to attend to on the 18th, I may be there for the final one.

Tips wise Go hard and leave it all on the road, Learn where your Limit is and keep it either on it or just below it. Find something to focus on besides the pain in your legs (it will hurt, but only briefly).
    Most of all
    Enjoy
    Casso

Declan
    Participant

Piranha’s,

The final updated times for N2 are now up slight rearrange of positioning with our own Gareth Robinson now in the number 1 slot with a firm target on his back heading into the 2nd of our TT’s on this Saturday 18th at Kilmacanogue at 08:00

This is a great event and fun for all levels and cycling abilities, with banter over Tea and Scones afterwards.

Entry Form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14w6vawUPyqnCtUJOEv2hlYpsZOYSCrdG2TqX2kKVy3k/viewform?c=0&w=1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER