JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Marathon Training Week 10/12 6-12th October

Home Forums Training Marathon Training Week 10/12 6-12th October

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    maria
    Participant

Tuesday
    1500m loop of Sports Centre Field
    6 by 2 by 2mins (first 2mins is @10km effort with 60sec recovery and the second is @5km effort with 2min recovery jog)
    =42mins Aim is to get a bit of pace and turn over in the legs.
    1500m loop

Wednesday
    60 easy

Thursday
    40min run with 10 by 20seconds fast with 40 seconds easy along the way

Fri/Sat
    35mins easy

Sunday
    If there is a 10km race around I would encourage people to race this weekend. I know there are a couple of races about this weekend. If it does not suit 10miles/16km easy with 5miles or 8km at half marathon pace

Willo
    Participant

Donadea 10km is on in North Kildare next Saturday. Ive done it as a tune up race the last few years 2 weeks out from the marathon. Its a nice run. 2 5km loops through the forest on even ground. There is tea and sandwiches and cake after the race too. Highly recommended

Hugh
    Participant

Hey Will,

Was looking up that race last night – they describe it as a trail run with scenic views, so I wasn’t sure how PB-friendly it would be? Just might do it though as it sounds like there’s a strong field competing.

There aren’t many options this weekend near Dublin, but Erin did post up about this race on Sunday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2671

Only disadvantage is that it’s the morning after the AGM. :-

Hugh

Willo
    Participant

@Hugh wrote:

Hey Will,

Was looking up that race last night – they describe it as a trail run with scenic views, so I wasn’t sure how PB-friendly it would be? Just might do it though as it sounds like there’s a strong field competing.

There aren’t many options this weekend near Dublin, but Erin did post up about this race on Sunday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2671

Only disadvantage is that it’s the morning after the AGM. :-

Hugh

Ye it wouldn’t be a PB course. Its a bit undulating and a few bends in it but its a nice setting. The start is pretty fast as you are on the road for over a km running outside the forest. After about 1.8m you face a bit of a drag but its fine then. Here is my garmin file from 2012 http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/232903071 so you can see the elevation profile. I’d suggest doing this race, let your hair down at the agm and have a nice recovery long run the next day!

Hugh
    Participant

Online registration for Donadea 10k closes tomorrow (Thursday) at noon. On the day registration appears possible though too.

Have registered for it, hopefully see a few other Piranha marathon runners there 🙂
    http://www.donadearunningclub.com/10km.html” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Roryo
    Participant

Registered also

nickwalsh6469
    Participant

Qp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER