JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Piranha Long Weekend Training Camp ** UPDATE**

Home Forums Training Piranha Long Weekend Training Camp ** UPDATE**

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi fellow Piranhas,

I’ve compiled the results of the survey. 72 people showed interest and offered some great suggestions. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback.

I’ve since spoken to Ronan Lambe (Training Co-Ordinator), John Staunton (Finance) and some experienced members and it looks almost certain we will go ahead, with the possibility of Piranha offering a discount.

Based upon the results, we will have a 3 day training weekend between 17th – 20th March. (Check-in 17th – Check-out 20th)

The training will be primarily focussed on cycling and trail running and we will also look to include Strength & Conditioning. It will certainly be structured training and will hopefully benefit all those intending on racing in Standard Distance or 70.3’s early in the year. For those looking for Ironman distance training we can tailor this to suit the demand. We will avoid swimming as it will give us little added benefit when we swim so regularly week to week.

In order to help me be a bit more certain about numbers, please add you name to the spreadsheet if you are interested in going irrespective of the destination – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f9T2NVPWO3Pf4iXlBta1h2npIBq3JAnR8jJkjFYRkps/edit#gid=0

I can assure you the cost/destination/facilities are all extremely important in our research and we expect the training to be very rewarding.

I shall be back to you after I speak with the Committee next week.

Thanks

Paul Mooney

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Paul Mooney.
    Siobhan Campion
    Participant

Hi Paul

Thanks for the update.

Do you think the date of the training weekend will be available soon? I can’t commit 100% without the date and I’d really like to go…..

ta
    Siobhan

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Siobhan,

That’s completely understandable. The only reason I’ve posted now is to get some prices ready for the committee by next week.

I will have a date by this time next week.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Paul Mooney.
    antje
    Participant

I can’t commit at the moment either but would definitely be interested in going. Depends on the date.

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Paul,

Thanks a million for putting this together. I’ve put my name on the spreadsheet, but like the others I can’t absolutely commit until the date is fixed. Location shouldn’t be a problem. But I would really like to make it, if possible, so it will need to be something important to keep me away.

Cheers,

Phil

Paul Mooney
    Participant

See my initial post above now amended- Date now decided. (Based upon the results, we will have a 3 day training weekend between 17th – 20th March. (Check-in 17th – Check-out 20th))

samuel
    Spectator

Great to get this weekend sorted.
    Few questions do..
    Paddies weekend?? Trail running?? Probable to late to be showing strength & Conditioning.
    Percy..

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Percy,

Paddy’s weekend. It was either that or Easter weekend and we decided to go with Paddy’s.

There were 72 responses from the survey, all with great ideas, but we can’t implement every idea.

We will definitely be doing Biking and Trail Running.

If we don’t do S&C we will be doing stretching/balance exercises of some description.

There will be a plan and we will stick to it. We’ll look to get feedback after and improve it for the year after.

Hope to see you there.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Paul Mooney.
    Ronan Lambe
    Keymaster

Percy,
    Paddies day & that Fri is when most people are off, wknd after is Good Fri/Easter Sunday.
    Still early enough in the season to be doing conditioning running, quality session can be done earlier in the wk.
    S&C will be done down there once we can get a suitable venue, all dependant on numbers.
    A programme of trg for the 3/4 days will be put together before we travel down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronan Lambe
    Keymaster

Ha didn’t see your reply Paul! At least it was similar!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER