JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Potential Ironman 2016 Q&A session [expression of interest request]

Home Forums Ironman Potential Ironman 2016 Q&A session [expression of interest request]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

All

In order to potentially progress the selection of a club 140.6 Ironman race in 2016 – I am willing to do a brief presentation on the following

1) What is an Ironman?
    2) What factors should I consider before signing up for an Ironman?
    3) What training is typically involved?
    4) What Ironman would be best for me and/or the club?
    5) Ok I have a race in mind – what next and by when?
    6) Q&A

The talk should be interest to anyone planning on doing a full Ironman in 2016 – be it their first or tenth – as there is to be a discussion over what the club might select as a “piranha Ironman” race in 2016

I will need a minimum of 10 people to make this worth my while and at the moment there is no upper limit but will confirm.

In terms of time/date and location – I am proposing Saturday 6th June at 11:00 – 12:00 in WW (will give punters a chance to swim/run and eat brekkie) ….. NB the time/date/location is to be confirmed as awaiting on some info from WW

So who might be interested?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by stevenmoody.
    Willo
    Participant

Count me in Steven. Happy to do a slot on the “Benefits of Beetroot for Ironman”

darraghk
    Participant

I can’t make it that date but I’m interested to hear any tips or especially anything Roth-specific you all learned for this year!

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@Darragh …. stick to the script chief – this is for 2016 people!

But just for your benefit

Tips for Roth
    1) Don’t do it – too hot
    2) Don’t do it – too hilly
    3) Don’t do it – logistics are a nightmare

Did you not read any of the 14 race reports from last year???

Errr aside from that – have a good time pal!

Mischievous me

Stu Russell
    Participant

I’ll be there Mr M…

antje
    Participant

would love to hear more about it but can’t do the 6th

Rachel Hayes
    Participant

I’m the same as Antje. Also, congrats on your title for the month Tri-Daddy (just one-month…). Coach of the Month (**Rachel and Judy clapping**). Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darraghk
    Participant

I haven’t committed to 2016 until I’ve attempted one this year! If Ironman Dublin is on 2016 will you all be doing that too? Definitely not too hot.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@Darragh – For me I would not do an Ironman in Dublin – as part of the whole experience for me racing in a foreign city in hopefully warm climate ….

Besides the roads are better on the continent!

Just one man’s opinion.

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Dublin 2016 will be 70.3 and not Full distance. If you want to do an early season race I would recommand St Poilten in Austria which was easy to get to and is a nice course

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Ok another potential date for the Q&A would be 20th June if that might suit people better….

But the sooner the chat is had the better – as a lot of the 2016 slots go on sale the day after the race themselves and some of the races under consideration are in June…

antje
    Participant

20th fine by me

gerryv
    Participant

Would really like to see the presentation etc but the proposed dates don’t work for me, could a Monday evening in WW work? Before the swim session?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvandenancker
    Participant

Steven Moody’s thoughts: oh shit I’ve just won a coach of the month award, better actually do something that involves coaching my club that also gives me a chance to talk about how great I am at ironman! Haha congrats tri daddy!

CiaranL
    Participant

I’m interested & can make any of those dates (Sat mornings or Mon eve)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER