JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Results of club 70.3 survey

Home Forums Ironman Results of club 70.3 survey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Folks thanks for taking the time to complete the club early 70.3 survey and thanks for patience in waiting for results (DCT took a lot of everyones time)

So results in
    32 Piranhas definitely plan on doing a early season 70.3
    23 Piranhas considering it
    1 idiot who took the wrong survey and has no interest in doing a 70.3

Top destinations
    #1 17 prefer to do Challenge Lisboa on 12th May
    #2 11 prefer to do Ironman Barca 70.3 on 20th May
    #3 9 prefer to do Ironman Mallorca on 12th May
    Of the other results people entered in the comments – very big spread but “winner” of the other suggestions was Ironman Marbella on 29th April with 6 votes

So what next …..

Now that that we have narrowed the options down and there is a spread of interest – I suspect that there may be two early season 70.3 destinations … so recommend you do the following before you make your final call and register (70.3s do not sell out as quick as full IM – so you have time)

1) Look at the course maps on Ironman.com and predicted temps for that time of year to see if your 1st choice really suits
    2) Check your calendar to see how a) the race/travel works for you and b) how the training would fit in with your preference – think 4-5 months back from race date as to when you may need to start training
    3) Talk to your training buddies and make sure aligned on your race choice – as great motivation tool to have a set group you will do long bikes/runs with – especially when mornings are cold/dark ….. also makes the travel/craic much better if your friends are there for before and after the race
    4) Also note that the club WWT dates will be released shortly – and this is something that people may want to factor into their plans
    5) Once happy with having done your due diligence on points 1 – 4 – head off and register!

In the meantime – I will set up a WA group for all of the interested people to sign up to and debate merits of courses, training plans/tips and how much salt an individual should consume on a hot day 😉

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by stevenmoody.
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Apologies for lack of clarity on the outcome of the vote – but based on the popular vote Challenge Lisboa on 19th May will be the official Piranha 70.3 race for 2018

I am now looking for a volunteer who will be the key point of contact for this race i.e. someone who will set up the now mandatory WA group, help the group co-ordinate/agree on registering/flights/logistics/accommodation/training groups (this can be delegated) – so request someone who will be racing Lisboa tdrop me a PM and I will give them a favour of what is involved as the role of Club 70.3 fearless leader (dont worry not a lot of work!).

No previous experience required (although a cat Shepard will be viewed upon favorably) – please let me know by 13th Sept latest.

Nb Despite this being the official club 70.3 – if anyone had their heart set on one of the other options – you are more than free to do that – it will be just more fun to get a big group to the one race/venue

Kind regards

Chairman Moo

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by stevenmoody.
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Nb Challenge Lisboa is on 19th May and not 12th as erroronosuly first stated – mi culpa – Lo siento

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER