JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Ride Roth from the comfort of your house

Home Forums Ironman Ride Roth from the comfort of your house

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dario28
    Participant

Mentioned this to a few –

So here is how to ride Roth from your house !

First of all you need to be signed up to trainerroad and have completed the 20 minute test and got an FTP sorted

Then sign up to bestbikesplit.com its free

In courses choose roth
    Then setup your profile , enter your FTP weight height etc and create a race

Down the race to your laptop http://www.bestbikesplit.com/public-race?r=1715″ onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Then open trainer road course builder and drag in the downloaded course , you can split it if you want then its just 1 lap

Pgrealy
    Participant

Hi Dario

Hops to see you in Roth.

The site you mention has some very interesting functionality for those who ride with a power meter and thanks for the heads-up on this site since I find it very interesting and useful.

I have set up a trial account with them and downloaded some of the courses that are in their system.This includes ROTH as a Verified course [meaning it has been tested for accuracy] and other courses which others have either loaded up after riding them or created using mapping software such as “Map My Ride”.

Where it gets interesting is that once you have your Functional Power Threshold (“FTP”), you can download the course, say what type of bike/wheels etc you use and what “Intensity Factor” you want to ride at. [e.g. 75% for Iron distance, i.e your normalised power avegages 75% of your FTP]

Then their software will create a Garmin Course for you and then when you ride the course [using a Garmin 500/510/800/810], it will tell you [with pop up banners and a chime] what power to ride at which will depend on the gradient and wind direction [you need to enter this also]. The intervals of differing power can be as short as 30 seconds up to 9 mins in my experience.

The wind direction stuff might be a bit OTT but I have tried this on both the Swiss Half IM course and also Lough Cutra Half and it does seem to give appropriate targets judging by the terrain.

Certainly something to consider to prevent over-cooking the Bike split in Roth!

Happy Miles!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER