JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Home Forums Announcements Sign up for Dig Deep Interval Session Wed 9TH July

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ciaranif
    Participant

Hellllooooo Piranhahonians 🙂 ,

Shannon has kindly offered to take one of the interval sessions that have been happening each Wednesday evening in the Phoenix Park. The structure of the session will be as outlined below – however Shannon will be available to offer advice/answer questions on any aspect of training/plans/etc. He will also go through the cycling/running drills for those of you that may have missed other sessions.

However We need people to sign up to confirm attendance.. As we are in the middle of racing season, numbers fluctuate from week to week, so we would need a minimum of 10 names to make it worthwhile.

Pleeeezzzeee post up BEFORE SUNDAY if you are a’comin’..

And in case it was missed the first time….POST BEFORE SUNDAY

Danke Schon,
    From Team COB (the best looking one….. 😉 )

Bike session:
    20 min Warm up- Building from zone 2 to upper 3 (include 2 x sets of cycling pedalling drills in the warm up).
    Cadence drill set: 1 min @ high cadence (105-110 rpm)@ effort of 7/10, then 1 mins easy effort at 90 rpm. (Repeat this x5 times).
    Main set (Repeat the following main set x2, with 5 minutes of running drills in between each set of 3×3 mins).
    3x3min @ upper Z5, 90rpm, 3 minutes easy spinning recovery from each.
    5 minutes easy cool down.
    Run session:
    Straight after finishing the short cool down on bike- straight into run drills & strides for 10 minutes. & then into 20 minutes Aerobic jog.
    (**There will be the option of making the session into a hard brick by doing a 15 mins race pace hard run after the bike if any athletes are unable to make Tuesday/Thursdays run sessions with Maria that week).
    The reason of adding 5 minutes of drills between each hard (3 x3 mins) set, and after the bike session-
    A key area for development for most triathletes is their running technique when running straight after a hard bike session- going straight into running drills and strides will promote good movement patterns and get athletes into the way of executing good running technique off the bike.

clobyrne
    Participant

I’ll be there thanks. Is it at 6.45?

Giolla
    Participant

I’ll also be there next week

gerryv
    Participant

Count me in

darraghk
    Participant

Yes I’ll go.

Ivan
    Participant

I will be there,
    Ivan

barryomahony
    Participant

I’ll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Mooney
    Participant

I’ve never been to one of these sessions before.

But il go if it’s open to me?

ciaranif
    Participant

Hi all,

Session is open to all levels. However the park wardens have highlighted to us this week that the park is not to be used as an official group training venue for cycling. We are in discussions as how best to address this and will post tomorrow what the plan of action is.

Cheers,
    Ciara & Team Cob

Giolla
    Participant

Will there be somewhere we can leave bags? Thanks

Jamieo
    Participant

I’ll be there if it is not too late to sign up

ciaranif
    Participant

Hi all,
    We don’t really have the numbers to justify bringing Shannon down from Belfast – but all that posted are encouraged to come along for the session anyway – start at 18:45 with a meet at Papal Cross. Session will be led by Brendan aka Bobbo….and he can be almost as good as Shannon if he puts his mind to it….. 😉

As per previous post Re request from park rangers that we do not do speed sessions in the park, we will meet as per previous arrangements but the session will be delivered nearby & not in the park grounds. Team COB are in the process of identifying an alternative venue for the coming weeks.

Happy Cycling ! 🙂
    Ciara & The Cobblers

Ps ;Giolla, Bob sometimes brings his car for bags, I’ I’ll ask him to post if he is.

darraghk
    Participant

I’m not going to make it

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Not going to make it now either due to work. 👿

gerryv
    Participant

Sorry for the late notice, won’t make it this evening

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER