JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Stolen Bike

Home Forums Announcements Stolen Bike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Madden
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I know this is a long shot but my bike was stolen from Work(locked up) in Ballsbridge yesterday. If anyone happens to see a bike like this on adverts/done deal etc if you could let me know.

http://www.malatestasbikes.gr/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/0013005_cube_peloton_pro_triple_racing_road_bike_2013.jpeg

It was a blue and black Cube Peleton Pro only 6 months old. When I reported it to the guards they did warn bike robberies are pretty rampant in Dublin right now so be careful and a good tip which I wish I had been told before it got stolen is to register the seriel number on your bike with the guards if you have not already done so.

Cheers

Jen

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Hi Jen …

Sorry to hear about your bike been stolen … don’t lose hope as a couple of triathletes got stung like yourself last year and by getting pics/details out of the bike asap (swamp FB, twitter etc) and got lucky as others spotted the bike and it got returned

It is a really good point you make re registering the serial numbers of the bike with the Guards – is it just a case of informing your local garda station of the serial number or is there any form we are meant to fill in?

Good luck again …..

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Sorry hear. Post it in whatsapp group and put an add on done deal too…

Paul

Rachel Hayes
    Participant

Sorry to see this Jen. Will keep an eye out. Steven when I bought my bike at Wheelworx they said to take a picture of the serial number on your bike and a picture of you with your bike.

jamesn
    Participant

Sorry to hear that Jen, pop an ad on donedeal, I had my stolen last year and ended up getting it back via there, so worth a shot..

Best of luck!

Jennifer Madden
    Participant

Hi guys

Thanks so much for the advice. Not losing hope just yet… Will keep checking the websites and the boards too. A lot of people shared on Facebook and I will post to done deal too etc too!

Steven – you just need to go into a Guarda station with the seriel number written down and they will put it into their data base registered under your name. No forms or anything only takes a couple of minutes.

Thanks again!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER