Due to an unprecedented number of Piranha members applying to race DCT this year (three times as many as last year) – the committee have drafted and approved the following review/ selection process for 2018 and onwards.
Key policy points
– A maximum of 10 members can race in any given year and where applicable, exemptions made for Cat 1 and Cat 2 athletes racing Super Sprint race only (due to limited races in the calendar for this type of event).
– The ratio of the successful applicants for this year was broken down along 40% Volunteers, 30% Male NS athletes and 30% Female NS athletes (NB this may vary from year to year as per committee discretion).
– In terms of determining eligibility for a successful application – the following criteria are to be applied
> No member regardless of form of application will be allowed to race DCT for 2 consecutive years (Cat 1/Cat exemptions can be applied)
> Number of years in the club
> Number of years volunteered for DCT
> Active committee member
> Active club volunteer or lead
> In line to contribute to NS club Male/Female/Mixed team totals
> In line for individual NS AG or overall awards
> Committee discretion
Based on the application of the above – the following piranhas have been successful in their application
Volunteer flag (4) – Dave O’Shea, Patricia Eadie, Aidan Hughes and John Lyons
NS males (3) – Killian Nolan, Rich Dooley and Ross Condy
NS females (3) – Becky Woods, Vanessa Fenton, Nicola HC
Exemption for Cat 1/Cat 2 athletes (2) – Niamh Corry, Shannon Kelly
To clarify – the terms of the members successful application is dependent on the following
– registering and paying their race entry as any other racer before 14th Aug
– volunteering for pre and post race activities to assist in delivering DCT
We wish the lucky members the very best in this year’s DCT and will be supporting them all around the course.