JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Sunday Bike Spins/Sessions

Home Forums Training Sunday Bike Spins/Sessions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    casso
    Participant

Hello Everyone,
    Hope your all well and ready to get back at it,
    I want to get as many involved in cycling sessions and I know from previous years there has been different groups leaving from different places (WW or yellow hse)
    Anyway post up any location that you would travel too for a session/spin
    A few examples Phoenix Park, Corkagh Park, Yellow House, Westwood any others?
    Please make an effort to attend everyone will get something out of them.
    Casso

casso
    Participant

Hello Again,
    Re Sunday Spins they will begin on the 7th of December re the main Coaching Post on the Site.
    There will be NO CLUB CYCLE tomorrow 30th November.

Casso

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Westwood and Portmarnock sea front

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Some Southside/Wicklow options would be good for some of us – Yellow House OK as I can get there or meet the posse en route. Blackrock/Killiney/Rathmichasel/Shankhill departure points also good for a run down the coast to Bray and beyond or for trips into Wicklow. I think Dundrum has been a pick up point before as well for spins into Wicklow.

But I am keen to make some of the sessions that depart WW and the Northside as well. Parking is a problem at WW as we can’t use the car parks if we are not swimming and are not individual members there.

So a meeting location that has an area nearby for parking would be good for all spins as not all will be able to arrive on their bikes.

Looking forward to the new sessions.

Phil

John_S
    Participant

Yellow House is good for me for Wicklow spins. And there is a car park just beside it which is free on Sundays.

Phoenix Park good for me too, if heading out towards west of the city.

Happy to travel to other locations – best if they have nearby car park and some toilet / coffee facilities as well.

Cheers – John S

John_S
    Participant

And also thinking UCD sports centre could be a possible set off point, if heading on spin out down N11 way …. has the parking / toilet / coffee criteria too.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

WW Clontarf and/or Yellow House …. I like to commute to the sessions as a warm up so parking not an issue for me

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Westwood, UCD both fine for me. Yellow house is fine but is difficult to get to through town if you live Northside. Irishtown stadium might also be a good meeting point as it’s quite central. Might also be worth meeting in Phoenix park and heading west from time to time. Some great roads out that direction!

frank_k
    Participant

Suggestions re meeting points

Southside – access to wicklow / hills / coast / blessington lakes

Yellow House – good spot as allows northsiders to cycle over
    Step Inn in Stepaside – used to be meeting spot a while back and still is popular with some members as a starting point / Access from M50
    WW leopardstown – Big car park / Access from m50 / Access to wicklow / handy for ww members to shower etc if needed if driving

Westside / Meath / Kildare Routes – some great routes out there

Corcaigh Park – good access from n7 / track there / good access to kildare / Parking
    Phoenix Park – Good access from all sides of city / parking / park roads for technical stuff

Nothside

WW westwood – parking / piranha base
    Clarehall – good spot for picking up people heading towards louth area.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by frank_k.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by frank_k.
    RichieD
    Participant

Will the meeting point by and large not be determined by the route? In which case, maybe varying the routes between northside, Wicklow and Kildare \ Meath would be a good way of accommodating all members? Once people know the route, they could be join along the way. Frank K makes some good suggestions above for starting points!

UCD might be a good location for heading anywhere southward and would presumably have plenty of parking on Sunday?

Otherwise, it would be helpful to know the proposed route, duration, any contingencies (e.g. weather) etc. in advance where possible.

As regards sessions (assuming they’re different to spins!), Corkagh Park would seem to be the most suitable place.

Best of Luck, Casso!

casso
    Participant

Cool Thanks Guys,
    We will make it UCD sports campus this Sunday to begin with, next up is coffee stops ! (have to have good cake)

Casso

alanduggan
    Participant

I’d agree with Richie on the route deciding the starting point but I think it can get messy if you are picking people up along the way. Set the starting point and time you’re leaving and its up to people to be there on time and ready to go.
    I would also suggest that spins leave on time, its frustrating to wait on someone who can’t be bothered leaving 5 minutes earlier, if people know the spin is leaving bang on time they’ll only be late once!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER