JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Sunday’s Intermediate cycle

Home Forums Training Sunday’s Intermediate cycle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freddielj
    Participant

This week’s improver club cycle will leave Westwood at 9:00am on Sunday morning. Pace will be steady, 4/10 with no efforts. We will head out towards Slane via the airport and Ashbourne and return the same way. Cycle will be approx 2 hours so people will be home and hosed by 11:30.

Please ensure that your bike is in working order and that your tires are inflated to an appropriate pressure before you leave. This can be done by performing the “M-check” – rear tire, rear derailleur, cassette and quick release / seat post clamp / front derailleur, chainset and pedals / headset and handlebars / front tire and quick release.

Remember to bring spare tubes, multi-tool, pump, mobile phone and money + 2 bottles of water and enough food for the duration of the ride. Aim to eat between 30g-60g of carbs per hour (30g of carbs = 1 banana or a handful of dried apricots).

Weather looks like it will be ok on Sunday morning but remember to bring a rainproof in case of any downpours.

All cyclists must have a valid TI licence and a helmet to participate. No TI licence or helmet, no cycle.

Please post up if you plan on coming.

John Martin
    Keymaster

Hey,

I’d be interested in this, though it looks like there arent’ many other takers…!

I’ll show up anyway – post again if this isn’t going ahead!

See you there (?!),

JM

Gmonee
    Participant

I’ll be there! Had to get my application passed by the boss first, but I am allowed out.
    Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freddielj
    Participant

Glad to see there are at least a couple hopefully we’ll have a few more

Gmonee
    Participant

Thanks for today Ciaran! Hope you made it back ok.
    Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freddielj
    Participant

No worries, home safe and fed 🙂 good spin

John Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for the spin, and support, yesterday, Ciaran. Very valuable day. Jm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER