JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

SWIM SCOTMANS BAY TUESDAY NIGHT

Home Forums Announcements SWIM SCOTMANS BAY TUESDAY NIGHT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SINEAD H
    Participant

Hey all,
    A few of us are heading to Dun Laoghire tonight at 7.30 for a practice swim in Scotsman Bay where IRONMAN DUBLIN swim will be.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Sinead

lindaclarke
    Participant

Hi Sinead and anyone else planning to swim in Scotsman’s Bay over the next few weeks.

Scotsman’s Bay is perfectly fine to swim in but from a safety perspective just be aware that there can be some strong currents in the vicinity, depending on the tide. In the past I have swum from the Forty Foot/Sandycove beach over to Dun Laoghaire Pier, only to turn around at DL Pier and face into a very strong current on the return leg.

This shouldn’t affect the 70.3 swim course as you don’t have to return to Sandycove, but on a training swim I’d imagine you want to swim back to Sandycove. Therefore my suggestion would be to swim no more than half way across the bay and turn back (do it twice if you want!) rather than swimming all the way across to DL pier, before discovering the current and getting caught out on the way back when you are already tired.

Happy swimming!

antje
    Participant

thanks linda. will take that into consideration. this way me might avoid the jelly fish too.

frank_k
    Participant

hi guys

Where are you meeting tonight for the swim? On sandycove beach?

thanks

frank

antje
    Participant

we are aiming to meet where 70.3 swim starts. on google map it says james joyce tower

frank_k
    Participant

Thanks Antje.

Myles
    Participant

I’m in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER