JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

URGENT: Help Needed for the John Davis Run 2014

Home Forums Announcements URGENT: Help Needed for the John Davis Run 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Phil Sykes
    Participant

Piranha Triathlon Club traditionally organises the John Davis Run in May each year as a tribute to the Club’s former running coach who died of a cancer related illness in 2007 and as a way of raising some money for a charity associated with cancer. There is a short piece about John Davis and the run on our website: https://www.piranhatri.com/about-us/john-davis-run” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;.

Last year the run was organised in conjunction with one of the Park Runs in Malahide Castle which made organising the Piranha side of things a little easier.

The Committee had proposed holding this year’s run on 17th May. However it has proved difficult to find anyone to take on the organisation of the race and time is now running short.

This is therefore an urgent appeal from the Committee for a volunteer or volunteers to step forward and take on the organisation of this year’s John Davis run. Last year this role was fulfilled by Petrina Mulroe, Ellen Shilling and Steven Moody and they can fill anyone in on what is involved and how to go about it.

In the absence of a positive response, we will unfortunately not be able to put on the race this year. 🙁

Regards,

Phil Sykes
    Club Secretary

Ogradylo
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    I ll put my name in to help organise the run.
    Louise

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Could I suggest we move the date too the end of September and make it an end of season Piranha race.
    maybe have it on the same day as the AGM ??

MarkMc
    Participant

Like the idea of end of season. Pressure would be off people.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Thanks, Louise – that’s great. Maybe a couple of others would be willing to help out, too.

John, that’s not a bad suggestion – particularly as timing is a little tight now and then we are into the racing season. Views of others welcome, but I think that might be a good idea and allow time to get properly organised.

Also plenty of time to order the Piranha running tops that Petrina has just lined up in the gear shop.
    Cheers,

Phil

Willo
    Participant

I think John’s idea is good. A September race could be worked into those training for the Dublin Marathon and give us more time to organise.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

I agree with John’s suggestion – as by then the Roth-ars may have some of their lives back and have more time to input to this.

This is too valuable an event to rush and do a poor job on – it would be a disservice to the great man’s name….

Ogradylo
    Participant

Later on at end of season would best.17th May is race day for the Mallorca 70.3.
    I think it would have to be from September 20th or same day as AGM ?
    Preferably September before weather gets too changeable.
    We want to raise lots of money for a great cause.

Bernard
    Participant

Last National Series races is now Pulse Port Beach on Sept 20th. If we are chasing Club Championships we may want a strong contingent at that event.

So possibly Sept 27th??

I like to proposal to move.

Bernard

finndoherty
    Participant

Hi yep if it moves to September i’ll definitly help organise

Cheers
    Finn

NiamhTucker
    Participant

I’d be happy to help also!

Thanks,

Niamh

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the offers of help and other input. I think the plan at this stage will be to move the event to the end of September but I need to agree this with my fellow Committee members, so will post up the final decision in due course.

Cheers,

Phil.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@Phil Sykes wrote:

Thanks everyone for the offers of help and other input. I think the plan at this stage will be to move the event to the end of September but I need to agree this with my fellow Committee members, so will post up the final decision in due course.

Cheers,

Phil.

Err not what you were saying this am Phil … more along the lines of “I run this joint”… “Don’t need no committee to sign off on my decision”???

* joking aside – thanks for this – appreciate the chance to give it the attention it deserves

Phil Sykes
    Participant

😆

gra
    Participant

Phil,
    Seen as this is being moved to later in the year pop my name down to help with the organisation.

Grainne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER