JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Wednesday Evening Swim @Seapoint

Home Forums Training Wednesday Evening Swim @Seapoint

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    freddielj
    Participant

High tide is 8.30pm tomorrow evening so I propose a 7.15/7.30 swim at Seapoint post up if you are interested/planning on coming along

NiamhTucker
    Participant

Count me in anyway!

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

I’ll be there!

freddielj
    Participant

Bump

Kevin L
    Participant

Folks,

Please be aware that there are no swim notices across most of Dublin at the moment due to the recent heavy rains and the associated excess run-off.

You might be safer to give this evening a miss an let things settle down a day or two.

You could easily pick up something nasty from the water given the quality at the moment.

Safet first, safety last, safety always.

K

freddielj
    Participant

I’ve seen warnings relating to Skerries and the northside areas but nothing relating to Seapoint

Kevin L
    Participant

Ciaran,

Maybe it is that the Northside beaches get water quality tested more frequently but the press reports are for All the North Side beaches and beaches of Wicklow. I can’t imagine for a second that the South Side beaches would remain immune. However if you want to take your chances……

K.

lindaclarke
    Participant

I swam in Seapoint on Saturday evening. I got absolutely drenched before, during and after but apart from that I was fine.

Certainly the water quality was not as good as it normally is but I guess it is up to each individual to decide if they want to swim.

frank_k
    Participant

I’d echo what Kevin has said.
    There is a treatment plant close to seapoint ( direction of the fifth marker )which has a tendency to flood after heavy rain, causing leakage etc
    The lifeguards station at seapoint usually posts a notice after heavy rain to let people know about this so it pretty likely after the weekend rain that is overflowed at some stage. Now you might be fine but you could get a dodgy stomach too!
    🙂

marosjakab
    Participant

http://www.thejournal.ie/beaches-fingal-warning-1605905-Aug2014/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

… we are in business 😎 7:30pm , I`ll be there
    maros

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER