JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

WOW!!! Some weekend for Piranha

Home Forums Races WOW!!! Some weekend for Piranha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stu Russell
    Participant

What a weekends racing for the club…

Saturday was the Caroline Kearney Memorial Triathlon NS race with 22 Piranha’s taking on the course…
    Well done to Johnathon Maguire who finished 3rd in AG 30 – 34
    Also Barry O’Mahony & Cathal O’Sullivan on completing their first Olympic distance tri’s
    Full results are here http://racetimingsolutions.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16269&RId=456

Also on Saturday we had a racer or two representing the club in Cork for the Jailbreak Triathlon with Paul Mooney coming in 18th overall…
    Full Results are here http://www.sportsplits.com/Home/Results

Sunday of course was Dublin Ironman 70.3 with 45 Men & 15 Ladies sporting Piranha colours…
    Well done to:
    Derek Leahy 1st in AG 50-55
    Sean Barry 4th in AG 40-44
    Rachel Hayes 4th in AG 25-29
    Kevin Beades 9th in AG 25-29
    Sinead Hartnett 5th in 35-39
    and all the other finishers…I’m looking forward to the countless Race Reports this week!
    Full results are here http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/athlete-tracker.aspx?race=dublin70.3&y=2015#axzz3iKGfbOQ0

Lastly as we all know our very own John Walnutt was race director for the Ironman, everything in the press, on social media & I’ve been told by non Tri folk has been amazingly positive so a HUGE well done JW, you did us all proud, now time for a holiday (After DCT of course…)

Sorry if I missed anyone so please post up any other news

Stu…

Bernard
    Participant

What an amazing weekend!!!!

Congratulations to all competitors at the three events this week. It was fantastic to see so many Piranha’s in action – a great testament to the strength of the club and the mutual support that we give each other.

Speaking of support, in addition to the Piranhas in the 70.3 race today, we had huge numbers volunteering all over the course today (and working over the last few days), and we had a huge number of Piranha’s supporting all competitors on the course.

Hearty congratulations to John Wallnutt – a master class for the Ironman organisation in setting-up an inaugural race.

So however cheesey(!)it was a day I was “Proud to be a Piranha”.

Bernard

Willo
    Participant

Well done to everyone that raced this weekend especially those doing their first 70.3 or Olympic. I heard the support on the course for the 70.3 was amazing.

Other results I spotted from the weekend were …

– Ciara Brady who was first woman home in the Cabinteely Parkrun in a parkrun PB of 21:34!
    – Maria McCambridge was first woman home in the Streets of Galway 8km in 26:58

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Congratulations to all the competitors at the weekend. Great to see so many Piranhas in action.

I’d like to give a particularly big shout out to Paul Curtayne who was the lead Technical Official at Caroline Kearney and did a super job to ensure the race was safe and properly run. As a Club we have to provide Technical Officials to races during the year in order to qualify to have our own race (DCT) as a Triathlon Ireland sanctioned event. We are extremely grateful to those who volunteer to fulfil this role and who do this work quietly in the background. Thanks a million, Paul!

See you all at DCT if not before.

Phil

Kevincre
    Participant

You forgot me… ?

Absolutely outstanding event, massive congrats to everyone from supporters to competitors ? and a special mention from me to Mr. Wolf who took me under his wing for swimming tips and John for the “snug” Pirahana trisuit I owe the “bucket list” tick to you all ?

Hearing “go Piranha” on the course was amazing. I’m so proud to be part of this club ?

Thanks again

johnwallnutt
    Participant

My heartfelt thanks to all the Piranha’s involved at the weekend.In Race course order …. Tadhg Sullivan T1 manager. Bernard Hanrathy Bike course Director, Bob, Aidan Hughes, John Lyons and Steve Cawley all Bike course section team leaders, Mark McInerney T2 manager, Mags Wallnutt Registration manager with help from a whole host of Piranhas ( Paddy Tuite, Siobhan Foreman, Aidan Hughes, Niall Connelly) Also at the finish line Siobhan Campion, Siobhan Foreman, MArtina and Joanna Perth. ( sorry if I forgot anyone)
    As you can see we had a lot of PIRANHAS in important positions and without their committment, support and willingness IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin would not have been a success

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN >>>>>>>>>>>and as Bernard said it might be cheesey but I was also Proud to be a PIRANHA and to be honest an Irishman. We showed them how we Irish do it !!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER