JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Ironman Dublin Bike course Spin

Home Forums Announcements Ironman Dublin Bike course Spin

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Myles
    Participant

Hi John

Count me in please

Thanks

Tara
    Participant

Count me in,
    Thanks
    Tara

gordon grant
    Participant

Count me in please John

Gordon

Conallh
    Participant

Count me in,

Thanks

Conall

ConallMurphy
    Participant

I pop along as well

Thanks john

johnwallnutt
    Participant

HI All

15 and counting so a big group. wE MIGHT MEET A LITTLE EARLIER (8AM) AT THE PAPAL CROSS PHOENIX PARK TO AVOID TRAFFIC WITH A BIG GROUP

AS PER BELOW THIS IS A RECON OF THE COURSE AND NOT A TRAINING SPIN SO THE PACE WILL BE EASY AND NO ONE WILL BE LEFT BEHIND THAT SAID I DONT DO COFFEE STOPS !

to answer your questions Derek

can we be back before the 12 noon IM get together with Moody in Westwood that day LEAVING AT 8.30 SO 3HR30MIN SHOULD BE ENOUGH BUT THE LAST 20KM IS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND ANYONE IN A RUSH CAN PUSH ON BACK TO THE PARK
    – can we take tri bikes or road bikes ? YOUR CHOICE BUT WITH A BIG GROUP AND RIDING AS SLOW AS THE SLOWEST PERSON ROAD BIKES MIGHT BE BETTER AS THIS IS A RECON NOT A TRAINING SESSION
    – where would you start from -phoenix park ? MEET AT THE PAPAL CROSS ( WHICH WILL BE T2 ON RACE DAY)

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Hi All

With a big group I have decided to pull this back to an 8am start as the road will be a little quieter and it helps anyone going to the Ironman chat

Meeting point will be the PAPAL CROSS AT 7.50am and READY TO GO AT 8AM

DONT BE LATE WE START AT 8 !

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Bump

Myles
    Participant

See you at 7:50 Johnny

Niall Doyle
    Participant

See you Saturday John. Niall.

Tom Ennis
    Participant

Hi John count me in Thanks
    Tom

JonathanHogan
    Participant

Thanks for organising it John – see you on Saturday morning
    Jonny

Bernard
    Participant

Johnny,

many thanks for guiding us around the 70.3 bike course this morning. It was a lovely spin and the course promises to be a highlight for the event in August.

I am glad to report that the walking wounded (Linda and yours truly) are doing fine!

Bernard

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Well done everyone. Great Morning for a spin. Looking forward to seeing you all smash the bike course on the 9th August without a car in Sight.

Good to hear your OK Bernard & Linda and well done Dec for cycling over our Chairman !!!

I would recommand you get out there again in smaller groups and really get to know the route as it will be good for pacing it on Race Day.
    Just remember Section 1 Dun Laoghaire to Feed station 1 on Porterstown road is 20km. This should be used to get into a steady pace. Section 2 Feed Station 1 to Kilcock approx 35km is a little Bendy, couple of little climbs, downhills, some fast bits and some slow bits etc so just keep her ticking over at a comfortable pace. Last section Kilcock to Phoenix Park ( 35km) is generally fast with some nice long straights. This is where you should be picking up the speed but remembering there is a 21km run waiting for you !

Myles
    Participant

Thanks again John for organising the spin. Good to hear Bernard and Linda are ok. Great morning, nice opportunity to meet new Piranhas.
    I am up for tagging along if anybody is doing the spin again , just drop me a PM
    Myles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER