JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Members Offer – 6 weeks of Strength & Conditioning Classes in City Centre

Home Forums Training Members Offer – 6 weeks of Strength & Conditioning Classes in City Centre

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Willo
    Participant

All

The club, in conjunction with Dublin Sports Clinic, are offering a 6 week block of triathlon specific strength and conditioning classes for our members. Here are some of the specifics

Who gives the classes? Peter Mathews, formerly of Functional Training Ireland. He is an ex international runner and top strength and conditioning coach
    What is the location? 24-26 South Cumberland Street, Dublin 2 beside the Gingerman pub
    What is the cost? €90 paid upfront (i.e. €15 a class). A 6 week block usually costs €120 but the club negotiated a reduction and further subsided the cost
    How many space are available? There are 12 places with 4 per class. So there will be 3 classes scheduled
    How long will the classes be? Roughly 45 minutes
    What date will the classes start? The week beginning Monday 12 October for 6 weeks
    What times will the classes be at? One class is already full – Wednesday at 7am – as a few had approached him already (Barry Mc, Paul O’D, Smoody and me). Peter can put on 2 more classes depending on whether he can get 4 to agree to a particular slot. The times he has proposed are Wednesdays at 8am, Friday at 7am, Friday at 8am
    Why can’t we do the Wednesday at 7am? After 6 weeks (c. 25 Noevember) we may change to a larger group class to accommodate more Piranha’s if there is sufficient interest
    Why are the classes so small? A small class allows Peter to correct form which is very important for this type of training. It comes at a greater cost (financially) but the gains are better
    Whats are the classes like? Really good. I did a class this morning and it was great. The location is central, there is on street parking, you can bring your bike inside if you like, the place is spacious, well lit, has all the latest gear, good changing areas. I can’t fault it
    What do I need to do to sign up? Please post up your name and preferred time to register your interest. Spaces will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Once 4 confirm for one of the slots mentioned above, the class will go ahead. If you are interested in a different time and would be interest in these classes, please let me know and we can investigate whether another class can be put on

If you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks

Will

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Willo.
    Willo
    Participant

Anthony is interest is Wednesday at 8am so keeping him a spot.

W

darraghk
    Participant

Put me down for Weds 8am too thanks a million for organising this!

Conallh
    Participant

Can you put me down for the Wednesday 8am slot? thanks for organising

samuel
    Spectator

How much is he paying you Will..
    Great review..

Willo
    Participant

Its enough to pay for protein power pancakes in Staple Foods after the classes! 🙂

Tom Ennis
    Participant

Hi Will i’ll be in for the Wed 8am class or if anyone drops out of the 7am i can slot in there also ….Cheers

pauly
    Participant

I’m in for Wednesday at 8, or else Friday at 8. Might consider the 7am.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by pauly.
    Willo
    Participant

Update

Two classes are full Wednesday at 7am and 8am. Pauly has indicated a interest in a Friday morning class so if more are interested please sign up so we can have at least 3 which means the class can go ahead.

Wednesday @ 7am for 6 weeks from 14 October
    Will
    Barry Mc
    Steven Moody
    Paul O’D

Wednesday @ 8am for 6 weeks from 14 October
    Anthony
    Darragh
    Conall
    Tom Ennis

Bernard
    Participant

Will, I’d be up for Friday mornings. Preference for 8.00am but willing to do 7.00am too.

Thanks

Megan
    Participant

I’d be up for Friday morning prefer 7am, but could do 8 also

Willo
    Participant

Looks like Friday at 8am is a runner (2 with a preference for 8am, 1 with a preference of 7am but who can do 8am). Cost is the same per person but there is a free slot still if someone wants to take it. I will get onto Peter to confirm the times and classes. I’ll be in touch with each of you with further details.

Friday @ 8am for 6 weeks from 16 October
    Bernardo
    Megan
    Pauly

John Kearney
    Participant

I’d like to take the last spot on the Friday morning, if it’s still free?

Willo
    Participant

Last slot taken in the Friday S&C class. These round of classes are now full.

Friday @ 8am for 6 weeks from 16 October
    Bernardo
    Megan
    Pauly
    John K

I will investigate with Peter whether he could put on a group class on a Wednesday morning starting November 25th which could accommodate more members. The classes are likely to be bigger (10 to 15) but also cheaper. I have seen the set up there and it looks perfect for a group class. So if you would be interested in that please let me know by either a DM, whatsapp, text, email or by posting up here.

Thanks

Will
    DM: Willo / Ph: 0879976190 / Email: williamowens1@gmail.com

pauly
    Participant

Nice one. I’d nearly go for 7am on Friday instead of 8am, if that suits people. Or if there’s just one class, how about 7.30 and split the difference? I’m ok either way I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER