JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

*** Weekend Training Camp Ireland ***

Home Forums Training *** Weekend Training Camp Ireland ***

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Ok so we are all booked up for the Gleneagle Hotel in Killarney for 3 Nights which includes Bed and Breakfast and access to the Leisure Facilities (Gym, Pool, Spa).
    The Hotel is situated close to the Killarney Lakes and Muckross House and Gardens, and within a short walk to the Town. We have provisionally secured a fantastic deal of €110 per person sharing which Piranha have kindly subsidised.

So just a little on our decision to choose this destination. We researched several destinations, bearing in mind all the suggestions put forward to us by you in the survey we conducted. Myself, Ronan and Petrina contacted as many places as possible and the Glenneagle offered us one of the better deals, and the location if I’m honest is ideal for what we have in store. There was huge demand for that particular weekend due to National Dance Champs and Paddys Weekend, which ruled Holiday Homes out of the equation which is unfortunate, however, there will be great atmosphere with us all within the same resort.

The destination itself allows us to choose looped routes for the biking, idyllic for variation in the ability levels. We have the Lost Sheep, Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula to choose from. In relation to the trail runs, we have a looped route through Muckross Gardens and Killarney Lakes in addition to the climb to Torc Waterfall.

The next phase now is that Myself Ronan and some of our in house coaches and captains will sit down and thrash out a structured plan for that weekend, and we may even run an additional survey to get some ideas. I suppose you need not worry about this for now or at all, and just rest assured that it will be a fantastic weekend.

On a final, note, We did consider running another camp closer to Dublin, but the logistics of running two camps in tandem was too much for us, not to mention the prices weren’t competitive enough. There was other Tri Clubs that had pre-arranged deals, but these deals were not offered to us. I would hope that everyone would climb on board with this destination, and just enjoy it. We will of course run a feedback survey after the camp to improve it for the year after.

Please see link to spreadsheet below and please pay your deposit of €55 to Paul Mooney (Me) before the 7th December.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f9T2NVPWO3Pf4iXlBta1h2npIBq3JAnR8jJkjFYRkps/edit#gid=0

BOB
    Participant

Mucho respecto to the organisers 🙂

antje
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    where are the payment details for this?
    Cheers
    Antje

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Hi Antje,

I hope to put up account details, but in the interim you can pay me in cash.

I’ll be at all the swim sessions this week and next.

Regards

Paul

antje
    Participant

Thanks Paul. See you Friday. A

pauly
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I may well be staying nearby already that weekend. Could I just join in some rides or runs?

There’s a Parkrun on the Saturday morning a few minutes away from the Gleneagle, we could have a club run.

Paul Mooney
    Participant

Payment details now update.

Please pay before 11th December.

https://www.piranhatri.com/forum/topic/weekend-training-camp-ireland/

Then update spreadsheet with your roomie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f9T2NVPWO3Pf4iXlBta1h2npIBq3JAnR8jJkjFYRkps/edit#gid=0

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Paul Mooney.
    Paul Mooney
    Participant
    Paul Mooney
    Participant

UPDATE

Due to the amount of events on the weekend we are training, accommodation is selling out quick. Only 26 rooms could be reserved in the Gleneagle totalling 52 People. The first 52 people to pay deposit are confirmed at price of €110.

We expect approx 70 people and until I receive deposits I cannot source additional accommodation and thus cannot promise you €110. So in a nutshell stop procrastinating and get that deposit down. Deadline date is still 7th Dec but its riskaaaaay.

Thanks

sioduggan
    Participant

Hello Paul, bit late to this, i have also just paid the deposit
    thanks for organising,
    Siobhain

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER