JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Hook or By Crook Tri 2015 – Well done!

Home Forums Races Hook or By Crook Tri 2015 – Well done!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Giolla
    Participant

Hi Will, are there any spaces left in the house now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willo
    Participant

Hi Giolla
    Yep there is a space in the house if you want it. If you email me (williamowens1@gmail.com) I will send you on my bank account details to confirm your place in the house.

Thanks
    Will

Jennifer Madden
    Participant

Hey Willo,

I just signed up for this race as had to pull out of triathy, is there any spare rooms at all?

Jen

Willo
    Participant

Hi Jennifer
    There should be one final space. If you mail me I will send on payment details to confirm a place for you.
    Will

Jennifer Madden
    Participant

Aw brilliant! Will do now cheers!

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Just signed up for this! Can’t stay down on the weekend but looking forward to it. Really great race!!!

Giolla
    Participant

I’ve just realised that I have work events on the weekend of this race and have already taken a slot in the one of the houses that Will booked. Let me know if anyone would like to take my place in the house.

Giolla
    Participant

The work events have changed again. Anyone driving down on the Friday or Saturday morning with space for a bike and human? I live in Dundrum but can travel. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeney_Peter
    Participant

Folks,

Coming to this late because I’ve had to wait until I found out when I was working that weekend. I hope to travel down on Friday night and back after the race on Saturday, so if anyone knows of a room going – gimme a shout: peter.m.sweeney@gmail.com. Thanks!

Peter

Jimmy_the_Ocean
    Participant

Hi is anything left in terms of accommodation?

If anyone would be able to give me a lift – please let me know 😀

Is anyone going in the morning on the race day? 🙂

Cheers,

Jimmy

PS. I’m ready for accommodation option/and early morning one.
    Subject to accommodation availability 🙂

John Martin
    Keymaster

Jimmy:

I’m driving down, either 7ish Friday or v. early Saturday. Plenty of room for one other and a bike if you need it.

Not sure about accommodation – I’ve only committed to this myself over the weekend so I’m looking into options.

John.

Jimmy_the_Ocean
    Participant

Hi John,

Many thanks for your replay.
    I’m in.
    We can share petrol/tolls/etc
    Me and my bike – we are ready 😀

I will sen you a prv.

Cheers,

Willo
    Participant

Hi All

Weather is forecast to be amazing for Hook or By Crook so it promises to be a great weekend. I hope you are excited!

This is the list of 15 who I believe are staying down in the Sea Cliff houses in Dunmore East this weekend. There has been a bit of black market trading in beds for the weekend so the below may not be 100% accurate!

Piranha Member Friday Saturday Note
    Marie Moran Yes Yes
    Antje Yes Yes
    Ger F Yes Yes
    Siobhan Yes Yes
    Catherine Yes Yes
    Laurajmoy Yes Yes
    Anthony Mulholland Yes No Contact Steven Moody for Saturday bed
    Stephen Eustace Yes Yes
    Laura Coughlan Yes Yes
    Bernard Hanratty Yes Yes
    Jennifer Madden Yes Yes
    Peter Sweeney Yes No Contact Giolla Carroll for Saturday bed
    Daireen Gill Yes Yes
    John Kearney Yes Yes
    Siobhan C Yes Yes

I believe there maybe a few beds free on the Saturday night so if you want to contact the Steven or Giolla they maybe able to help. Beds cost them roughly €40 per night just so you are aware. Also if anyone doesn’t think they can make it down Friday night, please post up here as there are a few people still looking for beds so you could recoup some cash!

I received an email from Trident Holiday homes this morning confirming some arrangements for the accommodation which is posted below. I have clarified / negotiated the following with the Property Manager, Maria Doherty, though:

– At least 2 of the houses will be ready Thursday evening so if anyone wants to head down then they can. These houses will obviously be ready of an early Friday check-in either. If anyone is going down Thursday or early Friday, please contact Maria to confirm as per the instructions below
    – Check out on Sunday is usually 10am but Maria will allow you check out at 12pm instead. Please vacate the houses then and leave them as clean as possible as there are other bookings checking in at 4pm Sunday
    – The houses will be pretty sparse so I would advise to bring food for Friday evening, food for breakfast (including tea, coffee, milk, sugar), extra loo roll, chocolate and alcopops
    – I promised you were responsible adults so Maria will not ask for the €200 security deposit per house

Some other points to note:
    – Each house has sleeps 5 with 1 Double, 1 Twin, 1 Single. I haven’t allocated people per house so I will let you figure that out as you are all grown adults
    – There is a couch if two people don’t want to share
    – Post race dinner and celebrations will be in the Spinnaker Bar at 7:30. Please don’t be late. I’ve reserved an area for 20 people. That should cover the above people and a few others who have emailed me separately expressing interest for this
    – I will not be going down to the race as I’ve a big weekend of training to do for IM Austria in a few weeks. If you need anything or need to clarify anything on the booking please don’t hesitate to contact me

Think that covers most things. Post up with any questions or contact me directly.

Thanks

Will
    DM: Willo / Ph: 0879976190 / Email: williamowens1@gmail.com

From Trident Holiday Homes

Please find below directions and key collection arrangements:
    Directions & Key Collection
    Seacliff Holiday Homes, Dunmore East Co Waterford
    Property Manager: Tel- + 353 85 801 3584
    Directions from Dublin:
    M50 – M7 – M9. At Quarry roundabout take the first exit (signposted Waterford) onto N9. At the Granough roundabout take the 2nd exit (signposted Waterford) onto the R683. Continue to next roundabout taking the 3rd exit onto R680. Go over bridge into Waterford City. After the bridge, take a left turn at the lights down the quayside. Immediately after the Tower Hotel, take a left at the traffic lights onto the R683 and it is approx 20 minutes drive to Dunmore East from here.
    From Rosslare Harbour:
    Follow signs to Waterford City and follow directions stated above. On the outskirts of the village you will come to a fork in the road saying “Strand” or “Harbour”. Take the left turn for the strand. The Strand Hotel will be in front of you. Take a left at the Strand Hotel and then take the first right and follow the sign for the Golf Club for approx. 1km. Go into the Golf Club and Sea Cliff Holiday Homes are facing the Club House.
    GPS Co Ordinates:
    52.158354 / -6.990328
    Key Collection:
    The property manager of Sea Cliff Holiday Homes is Maria Doherty and she can be contacted on + 353 (0) 85 801 3584
    It is imperative that you contact our property manager with your estimated arrival time at least 24 hours prior to arriving at the holiday homes so she can arrange key collection with you. Alternatively you can contact Maria Doherty via Email mariacdoherty@hotmail.com at least 48 hours prior to arrival. Email must contain Booking Name, Reference number, arrival date and time.
    Check In and Check Out:
    Arrival: Between 4.00pm – 7.00pm Departure: 10.00am
    Arrival after 7pm cannot be facilitated without prior arrangement may incur a fee of €25. If guests are leaving earlier/later please notify the property manager the evening prior to departure. No late arrivals will be permitted after 7pm unless by prior arrangement.
    Security Deposit:
    A refundable security deposit (damage & breakages) of €200 is mandatory and is payable on arrival. This is refunded within 7 days of departure. /p>
    Heating & Electricity Charges:
    Summertime: June to August inclusive: €5 per day
    Rest of Year: Sept to May inclusive: Trident Holiday Homes operates a pay-as-you-go system for electricity. This system will help you monitor your consumption on a real time basis during your stay, and ensure you only pay for the power you consume in a fair and transparent way. On arrival the electricity meter will be in credit, the amount will be clearly visible. You can monitor usage on a daily basis and see the amount you are using. It is your responsibility to leave the meter in credit at the same level when you checked in. You can do this by either purchasing a Top Up Voucher in the local store or by calling the dedicated Top Up telephone line. All instructions re Top Up will be clearly visible in your holiday home. If there is a shortfall you will be required to pay for this on departure.
    What to bring:
    Bed Linen is supplied. Cot linen is not provided. Towels are not supplied but can be ordered in advance at a cost of €2 per set. Cots and Highchairs are available on request and must be booked in advance with the reservations office.
    Wishing you a very enjoyable holiday!

Terms and Conditions of Rental
    Acceptance and Confirmation of your booking is subject to the following conditions:
    1. Booking Deposit: A non refundable booking deposit of 30% of the total rental cost of the property, subject to a minimum of €150 plus a €20 booking fee is required at the point of booking. No invoice or letter of confirmation can be dispatched to you until the booking deposit has been received. Trident Holiday Homes reserves the right to request full payment for bookings for special events or festivals at the time of booking. If this is applicable on-line customers will be contacted after an on line booking is made to pay the balance of the booking deposit required while callers to our Reservations Office will be required to pay the increased booking deposit at the point of booking.
    2. Balance of Payment: Full payment of holiday home rental must be made to us, no later than six weeks prior to the rental commencement date. Upon receipt of the balance due, clients will receive arrival instructions. Late payments may result in the holiday Home booking(s) being cancelled without advance client notification. In the case of special offers the balance due date may differ.
    3. Change of Location / Dates: In the event of you wishing to change the date or location of a booking, should we be able to facilitate you, there will be an administration charge of €50. If we facilitate you in any such change, your right to a subsequent refund under our cancellation terms is no longer applicable.
    4. Method of Payment: We accept payment by laser or credit card only. Payment by cheque or Postal Orders are not accepted.
    5. Cancellation by Customer: In the event that you wish to cancel your holiday home reservation, the following charges will apply:
    • On all reservations: Booking deposit is withheld.
    • 6-2 weeks before date of arrival – 50% of rental.
    • Less than 2 weeks before arrival date – 100%.
    • We strongly advise that clients take out travel insurance to cover any costs associated with having to cancel a holiday
    6. Utility Charges: Heat and electricity are extra charges and are normally based on set daily rates depending upon the time of year. These are normally payable together with your balance payment. At some locations they are based on a meter reading done on site and payable on departure. Should utility charges not be paid on departure, they will be deducted from the security deposit without further notice.
    7. Security Deposit: A refundable security deposit of €200 must be paid on arrival. We reserve the right to charge an increased security deposit at certain times of the year or certain types of bookings which will be notified to you prior to arrival. The deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure once the supervisor is satisfied that the terms and conditions of rental have been compiled with. Failure to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition may result in the loss of all or part of the security deposit. When a rental is for longer than one week, cleaning of the house during rental must be requested from the on-site manager and a fee may apply.
    8. Arrival and Departure Times: Specific arrival and departure times are outlined on the direction sheet. These times must be strictly adhered to. Late Arrivals: Failure to notify the on-site manager of a late arrival may result in your reservation being cancelled. Late arrivals may in some cases be facilitated by prior arrangement only and may incur a late arrival fee of €25.
    9. Right to Decline: Trident Holiday Homes reserves the right to refuse, alter or cancel a booking, even after receipt of final payment. In addition, the company is relived of all liability should reserved accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond our control. In such an instance, alternative arrangements will be made in similar accommodation, or a full refund will be offered. However, no refund or liability will apply to a situation where a client is requested to vacate, or leaves of their own accord, prior to the expiration of the booking.
    10. Behaviour: Trident Holiday Homes reserves the right to terminate this contract if the behaviour or conduct of the Consumer either prior to or during a holiday is likely to endanger the safety or well being of other consumers in the party or that of the consumer himself.
    11. Accommodation Capacity: For Insurance reasons, the total number of clients staying in each holiday home must not exceed the maximum capacity.
    12. Pets: We do accept pets at a limited number of properties. However there is an extra cleaning charge of €25 per pet payable to the supervisor on site.
    13. Liability: Trident Holiday Homes, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or personal injury which may be sustained by persons or property at any time during the reserved stay.
    14. Complaints: In the unlikely event of a complaint concerning your accommodation, it should be brought to the attention of the site-manager immediately. Failure to register such a complaint while on site may invalidate a future claim. Failing a satisfactory solution, you should contact Trident Holiday Homes and a written complaint should be logged within 14 days of departure.
    15. Default by the customer: The consumer is obliged to ensure that all documentation and details issued to you by Trident Holiday Homes are correct. In an unlikely event that you do not agree with the documentation, it must be brought to our attention immediately.
    16. Bed linen and towels: Bed linen is supplied free of charge in all of our properties. Towels are not supplied but are available for hire and are subject to a charge of €2 per set. When a holiday Home is being rented for more than one week, you may liaise directly with the site manager if fresh bed linen/towels are required. A fee may be required for these extra services.
    17. Cots / Highchairs: Requests for these must be made prior to arrival and are subject to availability.
    18. Special Requests: Requests for specific houses, etc. must be made at time of reservation and whilst we will endeavor to meet all special requests, they cannot be guaranteed. If confirmation of your reservation depends on a particular house being available, we regret we cannot accept the booking.
    19. Disabled Persons: It shall be the consumer’s responsibility to disclose, prior to booking, to Trident Holiday Homes any physical or mental condition of a member of his party which may be relevant. Trident Holiday Homes reserves the right to decline or provide a holiday for a disabled person where in our mind; the holiday home would be inconsistent with the special needs of a disabled person.
    20. Group Bookings: Trident Holiday Homes does not accept bookings from groups of parties under the age of 25, or hen/stag parties unless otherwise agreed in writing. We reserve the right to refuse to check-in such groups and will not refund any monies paid in advance in the event of non-disclosure of the age of the occupants.
    For Group bookings, the refundable security deposit (€500) per house booked must be paid prior to arrival to our central reservation office. This will be refunded within 7 days of departure by our central reservation office once the local supervisor has confirmed to us that the houses occupied were left in an acceptable condition. We reserve the right to charge an increased security deposit for group bookings of more than 1 house.
    21. Confirmation of bookings: All Bookings are subject to availability. In the unlikely event of us been unable to allocate you the house booked, you will be given the options of either accepting an offer of alternative accommodation of a similar standard, in a similar location or a full refund of all monies paid to us. In the event of you opting to take a refund, compensation will be limited to the amount of money we have received to date.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Willo.
    John Martin
    Keymaster

Thanks Willo – if any of those beds come up for Friday night, let me know! I’d happily take one.

JM.

Willo
    Participant

Hi All

Some information on the race this weekend has been posted as a news story and is available at https://www.piranhatri.com/uncategorised/piranha-national-series-strategy-race-2/

The weather is looking nice for Saturday (16 degrees and little wind) so its sure to be a great day. There will be over 50 Piranahs racing so I would ask those finished first to hang around and encourage your fellow Piranhas who are finishing behind you. Remember there is a Piranha v Belpark Face Off and every position counts!

Thanks

Will

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER