JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Piranha Marathon training Group

Home Forums Training Piranha Marathon training Group

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Tadhg
    Participant

Yes it’s that time of year where it decision time for the Dublin marathon 💡

It’s less than 14 weeks away 😮 and given the level of interest at the run sessions our very own super coach Maria is offering to look after a special “Piranha Marathon training Group”

Maria is suggesting that everyone will need to commit and have a plan in place with 12 weeks to go to the race (that the bank holiday Monday)and we are also hoping to get fitness testing completed before this so we can be more scientific about the zones and pace you need to be training at

We need to understand the overall level of interest so we can finalise a plan. Can you revert and advise your interested in doing the race and also interested in getting the fitness test done which will cost €55 each but we will try to get group discount and the club might help out here if someone can tell me who I should speak to one this

Tadhg

darraghk
    Participant

I’m interested. Would be my first. Would like fitness test, that would be a first as well!

Smcgui
    Participant

Yep I’m in for both. Also have done neither before. My aim would be just to complete it! 😯 😉

Roryo
    Participant

Cheers Tadhg.
    Yes to marathon and possible yes to fitness testing
    Rory

Seano
    Participant
    piradmin
    Keymaster

Hey tadhg, sounds amazeballs. I’m still deciding on the this 😉 It’s a daily thing. One minute I’m up for it the next I remember the horror of seeing people stumbling, moaning and falling down fosters ave 2 years ago. It was like something out of Michael Jacksons Thriller video and I swore then I would never ever do one. 🙄

If I do decide to torture myself, which will probably happen 😮 I’d definitely be on for this and it would be incredible to have Maria helping us.

We did a member offer for V02 testing with Health Matters before _ http://www.myhealthmatters.ie/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;
    €55 per person, but I’m sure we can negotiate a better price if there is enough of people

loubenny
    Participant

im in ! i think 🙄

danitonge
    Participant

Hi Tadhg – I am new to piranha but would love to set myself a big goal like this. Sign me up for both please. Thanks Dani

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patlinehan
    Participant

I’m up for both Tadhg – great idea – 4.59 in ’97 – 4.18 in ’11 and 4.48 in Roth – time to go sub-4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alanduggan
    Participant

Tadhg, I’m in and I promise to cut out the sunday sessions and limit my all-ireland celebrations to a week (this is the year)

You can stick down cawleys name for this as well

BrianCahill
    Participant

Hi Tadhg,

I’m interested in both. Haven’t been to any run sessions yet but Marathon’s as good an excuse to start as any

RobMcDonald
    Participant

Hi Tadhg,

I’ve couple of races in August that will have my focus but after that it’s DCM. So please put me down for both.

Rob

JonathanHogan
    Participant

Hi Tadhg
    Sounds great. I am interested but have the small complication of doing an Ironman in 4 weeks! With tapering / recovery I don’t know how much of the training program I would be able to take part in. Keep me in the loop and I will have a think and maybe talk to Maria at training some evening.
    Would also be interested in the fitness test.
    Thanks, Jonny

valerie clinton
    Participant

HI Tadgh,
    Like last year i am interested in Maria’s Marathon training; I would pay for fitness test if it goes ahead. Thanks.

NiamhTucker
    Participant

Hi Tadhg,

I think i would be up for this! 🙂

At least to start the training and see how I get on!!

Sign me up 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER