JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Piranha Marathon training Group

Home Forums Training Piranha Marathon training Group

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    keacal
    Participant

Hi Tadhg,

Yes, definitely interested as well,

/cathal kearney

Paul Boyle
    Participant

Hi Tadhg,

Sign me up please. I’m not doing the Dublin Marathon, but I have signed up for Florence Italy a few weeks later.

Paul

PaddyQ
    Participant

Tadhg,

I’d be interested in this. However, I am pretty tied up for most of August (triathlon, weddings & holidays) so it would probably be the first week in September before I would be able to make Maria’s training sessions. I have been doing a good bit of running so hopefully I won’t be too far off my target pace.

AS regards the fitness test, I’d be keen to do that and see where I’m at.

Keep us posted,
    Paddy.

sue w
    Participant

Thanks for organising this Tadhg. Yes please put my name down for doing the marathon, probably the only way I will loose this flab! My aim is just to get around (without use of stretcher). V unlikely I will do the fitness testing, as extremely ltd time to get out so I prob need that time to get out for run!
    thanks again
    Sue

Patricia Kelly
    Participant

Hi Tadhg. Put me down for both too please. Patricia

mickk
    Participant

Hi Tadgh, can you include me for the test though I won’t make the training. Thanks. Mick.

Frank
    Participant

Hi,
    Can you include me in this please. Thank you.

Frank

johnwallnutt
    Participant

i could be tempted

ConallMurphy
    Participant

Hey Tadhg,

Yeah I’ll give the marathon a lash.

Cheers

Liam_Oz
    Participant

Cheers for orfanusing Tadhgh..I’ll deffo do the the test but not 100% on marathon yet..

Hugh
    Participant

Hey folks,

Have discussed with Ellen & Tadhg. So there’s two options for people. Bernard Donne in Trinity or Sean in My Health Matters. Ellen will post up about Sean in My Health Matters (and to organise a group discount), and I’ll provide details on Bernard Donne.

Differences about Bernard Donne in Trinity:
    – This is a longer test – taking approximately 2.5 hours.
    – More invasive test – takes blood samples while you run on a thread-mill (versus using a gas mask only).
    – It’s a more expensive test – €60 (versus €55 or less for Sean in My Health Matters).
    – Less commercially biased and only available during the day (versus Sean will who accommodate evening bookings and provide a group discount).

If you want to arrange a test send an e-mail to bdonne@tcd.ie with the following:

Sport
    Competition level
    Recent PB
    Number of training sessions per week
    How is training intensity controlled.

He *can* be pretty poor on responding to e-mail, so include on your first e-mail what mornings or afternoons you would be available for testing (where you’re not training the day before and resting up).

Have fun!

Hugh

piradmin
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Been onto Health Matters and Sean actually has some spots available this Saturday (the next Sat he has is the 23rd of August, and you won’t be able to do that cause you’ll be volunteering for DCT! 😉 )

So if anyone wants to go ahead with an apt this sat, please let me know asap (eshillingm@yahoo.co.uk),
    Cost will be either €50 or €55 depending on the amount of people who go to him.

Location is Westpark gym in Tallaght (http://www.westpark.ie/en/facilities/gym” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;) and the test lasts approx 45 mins. Full details are avail here: http://www.myhealthmatters.ie/vo2-testing/vo2-run-testing/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

So let me know:
    a) if you want an apt for this sat.
    b) if you want an evening apt in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Smcgui
    Participant

Did the test with Sean in Health Matters today, really interesting and well worth doing (particularly if you are as clueless as me!)! 😀

casso
    Participant

I thought about this for a few mins then got sense it’s CX season !

Dario28
    Participant

Yes for me
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER