JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Exciting website changes coming

Home Forums Announcements Exciting website changes coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    stevenmoody
    Keymaster

All

The minions in the marketing department have been busy of late (but not in creating strategy documents about how to use FB as well that would be just a waste of time….) and are excited to reveal a sexy new look website will be launched early next week.

Not only will the website be getting a snazzy new facelift – there will be exciting new enhancements included in the launch too.

All will be revealed as part of the launch but essentially is just an advance teaser announcement …..

Consider yourself teased…..

Head Minion

Marketing

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

and before anyone panics – no one will lose any posts/content or existing log on details…

As I have told many girls in the past – this will be just be a positive experience for all involved…..

Stay tuned Piranha faithful

SM

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Ah so as is my way – I tend to lie a little …. especially to girls …

So the update is that … yes new website is coming soon (after lunch all going well) which I was telling the truth on …

However due to a last minute issue … you will need to reset your passwords after we migrate … so that was a little porky pie on my side …

but hey it will be worth in the end!

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Hi all – website now live – hope you like what you see.

Please bear with us as we work through a couple of bugs in the transition …. the only key impact to you starting off is you will need to reset your password when you log in for the first time to the new site.

Please note that you should be able to use your exact same password as previously = as long as it was strong enough in the first instance.

SM

paulod
    Keymaster

Looking good!

AnthonyM
    Keymaster

Nice one Moody!! (and Ellen!)

gearoid
    Participant

Looking dapper! I can’t see how to send PMs though…

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Hi Gearoid

To send PMs on the new site … you need to be firstly logged in…. then in your profile you will see a mail icon that allows you to read any PMs…. in terms of sending a PM … there is a yellow speakbox you click beside in your fellow Piranha’s profile info (viewable via forum) … click that and away you go

Happy stalking

SM

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Speaking of sending PMs … am working through the site over the next couple of days and this weekend to ensure nothing broke with the migration (these things happen) so request to the Piranha community … if you find any issues/have queries – please PM me and I will add them to a list of fixes or items I need to explain in a post.

Thanks

SM

gearoid
    Participant

Yep, I can see that yellow speakbox now. I could swear it wasn’t there an hour ago 🙂

As for happy stalking – I see you’ve introduced a follow feature in the profile, was that your real reason for the site upgrade?

Pablo
    Participant

Hi Steven, good stuff!

Just to point out a couple of things (I’m not nitpicking!): the previous profile photo seems to be lost, also I don’t see my history of previous PMs. Is not a big deal for me, but maybe for some could be.

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

As part of the migration – we decided all of your pics could do with a facelift … so please upload new better looking ones as part of your profile update.

Will check re the PM history … that may not be possible.

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Thanks, Steven and Ellen for all the hard work that has gone into this. I have a new picture: I believe black rimmed specs are de rigeur for 2015 if one wants to keep up with the Chairman!

conorgahan
    Participant

Is there a way to just view unread posts like on the old forum?
    It may be there and I’m just not seeing it…

Thanks!

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

Interesting observation Conor – was not even aware of that old functionality myself.

So am going to say No.

We have nothing to fear but change itself – let the past go and embrace the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER