JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Desperately Seeking ….. John Davis Charity Run Leaders

Home Forums Announcements Desperately Seeking ….. John Davis Charity Run Leaders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bernard
    Participant

Members,

I am looking for a small committee of 3 to 4 people to organise our Annual Charity 5K Run in memory of the club’s first run coach, John Davis.

The date is October 3rd. Last year this was run very successfully in partnership with the St Annes Parkrun, and a social lunch was organised at the Red Stables. All members and friends of Piranha contributed a sum to the selected charity by a means (that I can’t quite remember).

So (ever conscious of volunteer fatigue!!), can you please contact me by posting up or mobile if you can help us out in this important initiative.

Many thanks

Bernard
    087 231 5076

John Martin
    Keymaster

Bernard,

I’m happy to help out any way I can, on, and leading up to, the day.

JM.
    086-851-2861

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

@bernard – we used the club paypal functionality to gather funds – it made for a very simple collection method.

The charity of choice in the past has been the Irish Cancer Society but this is not set in stone and I would volunteer that the new sub committee could agree who their preferred charity of choice would be for this year.

I would have thought this mini event (really low organisation requirements as essentially we use St Anne’s Park run) would have been prefectly set up for our Clonliffeeeers…..

Plus am happy to meet the new committee for a quick kick off meeting to let them know what is involved

marie
    Participant

I’d be interested

sz.andi
    Participant

I’m happy to help, Bernard, please count me in!
    Andi
    087-36-29291

Bernard
    Participant

Cool- what a great response.

We have a committee of 4: Belinda (leader – first to reply!), John, Marie and Andi.

We will organise a short meeting over the coming week to go over logistics and to learn from the experience of last year’s organisers.

Many thanks to all of you,

Bernard.

sz.andi
    Participant

Sounds like a plan, thanks Bernard! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER