JOIN US
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook

Thank You – DCT Heros

Home Forums Announcements Thank You – DCT Heros

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bernard
    Participant

Piranhas,

What a memorable day! The first Cat 1 draft legal races ever in the country were made possible by the dedication, passion and fortitude of 170 Piranhas who shouldered a 10 hour day of marshaling in wind and rain today. What an incredible way to demonstrate the strength of our club and the spirit of multi-sport in Ireland.

Well done each and every one of you who contributed today, yesterday and in the weeks and months in the build up to this day. And no greater thanks are due than those to Gavin Duffy and Dara Lawlor for their leadership and energy in organising the rest of us into a cohesive and focused team.

There are many other parties who contributed to our success: Vodafone and the other sponsors, our MC Joanne Muprhy, the OPW, the Gardai, Triathlon Ireland, the Civil Defense, the Garda Boat Club, the kayakers, our caterers and of course, the 1,050 competitors who registered for the event.

So rest well tonight, and be proud of being involved in a true team effort to give an unforgettable experience to our fellow triathletes.

Your Chairman, Bernard
    Proud to be a Piranha

johnwallnutt
    Participant

Well Said Bernard !

For me it was a fantastic experience to race DCT and the support from all the members was amazing but as I went by and got my name called I noticed the next person got just as big a call out so well done everyone. Piranha are known for their support on course and to do it while standing in the rain for 10 hours is very impressive.
    As I had never raced DCT I was looking forward to it but I honestly did not realiseit it is one of the best courses in the country if not THE best. It is a very good test and the distance is more or less exactly 1500m/40km/10km. I do think every PIRANHA should get to experience racing this course at least once. Finally my congratulations to Race Director GAVIN DUFFY who not only took up the mantle of organising and running DCT but also had the added headache of the Draft legal race and did a fantastic job. WELL DONE SIR !

stevenmoody
    Keymaster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057477655&page=8

Lots of nice chatter on boards about the day too …. well done Gav and Dara and their supporting cast of 00s!

Phil Sykes
    Participant

Good video footage and photos on TI website (click through to photos) – including a series of Mr Wallnutt demonstrating how to drink on the run!

Great day – congratulations to everyone involved. I was wrecked by the time the weekend was all over: harder than doing the race itself?

Well done also to the Piranha’s who participated in the race on a tough day out. It was great to see the Cat 1 Piranhas in action showing us all how it should be done. And fantastic to see Vodafone out in such enthusiastic numbers – lead from the front by the boss.

Well done, Gav, Dara and the Team leaders who co-ordinated us all so well.

RichieD
    Participant

I’d echo what John said. Despite the utterly miserable conditions, everyone I saw diligently did their task and never flagged in encouraging participants. As a competitor, I have to say it is a hugely impressive event in every way (and people I spoke to were aware of how much thought went into the day). Well done Gav (van G., not Moysie!), Dara and all others involved and thanks for the support.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
TWITTER @piranhatri
  • The RSS feed for this twitter account is not loadable for the moment.

Follow @piranhatri on twitter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

VIEW FULL CALENDAR
follow us Follow Piranha on Twitter like us Like Piranha on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER